PDA

View Full Version : When would you chase up - landlord?

jackie__1981
18-03-2008, 10:37 AM
I figured that I would check with my Landlord whether I would be able to do childminding from the house that I rent from her.

I rent through an agency so I sent them an email and recived a reply stating that they had sent the email onto the landlord and would let me know what she said.

I don't want to waste my time registering at this house if she is going to say no. I would rather wait until my contract is up, move to another house where I have already agreed it, and register there.

I recevied the agencies reply on 10th of March. I know that is only 8 days ago but I wouldn't have thought it would take so long to get a yes or no reply. Even if the landlord needs to check with her insurance it shouldn't take long.

How long would you leave it before chasing them up? I'm really anxious to crack on and start the registration ball rolling but don't want to seem to pushy with her because I really do like the house.

tinkerbell_85
18-03-2008, 10:42 AM
I would give them a buzz and ask, you know what agencies and landlords are like, they forget easily. next thing u know months have gone past.
xxx

sarah707
18-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I would say a week is plenty long enough :D

ma7ie
18-03-2008, 11:32 AM
It wouldn't hurt to check. The problem is with other people is that your concerns aren't theirs and they might just be doing other things that they deem more important.

I realised long ago after working in the NHS that the people who make the most noise are the ones that get seen to first.

So my motto now is "Pester Pester Pester":D

jackie__1981
18-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Cool, thanks ladies. I am going to call first thing in the morning :)