PDA

View Full Version : Certificates of good conduct from france and germany

Kimmy050983
21-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I have just sent all my application to ofsted and a lovely lady called. I have now have had a letter through telling me to get certificates of good conduct. 2 from germany (i am german and ben lived in germany) and 1 from france (ben lived there prior to germany):eek:

Does anyone know what the process is? They gave me a webpage of the british embassy - BUT as I am german won´t i have to get it from a german embassy over here? my application is a total nightmare so far having so many different countries involved :panic:

HELP
Kimmy

green puppy
21-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Sorry I don't really know the process, perhaps give the embassy a ring and hopefully they can point you in the right direction. Just wanted to say good luck and don't give up!

babs
21-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Hi,

I have just sent all my application to ofsted and a lovely lady called. I have now have had a letter through telling me to get certificates of good conduct. 2 from germany (i am german and ben lived in germany) and 1 from france (ben lived there prior to germany):eek:

Does anyone know what the process is? They gave me a webpage of the british embassy - BUT as I am german won´t i have to get it from a german embassy over here? my application is a total nightmare so far having so many different countries involved :panic:

HELP
Kimmy

didnt want to read and run . i really dont know what u would have to do , hopefully someone will be around soon to help you out... good luck..

green puppy
21-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Perhaps you could ring the Criminal records check bureau here and ask them if they can give you advice. Otherwise maybe the equivilant in germany and france?

Zoomie
21-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know what the process is? They gave me a webpage of the british embassy - BUT as I am german won´t i have to get it from a german embassy over here? my application is a total nighare so far having so many different countries involved :panic:

HELP
Kimmy

I would contact the embassy as OFsted have indicated. They will deal with this type of thing on a regular basis as they deal with peoples immigrations visas and this type of 'police clearance' is commonly required.

It may not be done as quick as you want, but it will happen eventually.

Good luck

Kimmy050983
24-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone - well the german ones are not too bad to do and as I speak german it was easy to find out. BUt the french one is an absolute utter nightmare. the british embassy has got nothing to do with these , i have to speak to FRENCH police , well no one there speaks any english (fair enough) but i dont speak french!! so we´re trying to sort it through ben´s work in france now as he knows people who do speak french. he works for airbus.

on another note - the OFSTED inspector rang today and my pre-reg is next TUESDAY :o oh my god am i scared. she sounded very nice though, said she´s looking forward for meeting me (hmm i dont think i am looking forward but anyway:laughing: ) . she was very helpful with sorting an appropriate time , so she´s coming at 3pm which means Ben can take Jamie out for the afternoon. i don´t think i could do it with him here he´s 16 months and currently getting an eye tooth:laughing: so his mood has been a little off ..

the house is nowhere near ready. Buf if i note down everything that we need to do still it should be fine shouldn´t it?? there´s still the wait for the CRBS plus 3 certificates of conduct so i guess it will be june before i am minding..:(

green puppy
24-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Good luck with everything, hope you don't have to wait too long for all the checks and certificates!

Blackhorse
24-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi there.

sorry to hear you are having so many problems

I am from austria and registered as a cm and didnt have to do any of these things. I have done my disclosure here in scotland and they have checked it all themselves...took them 3 weeks to do and that was that..

Maybe query this with someone else....I find this a bit strange to be honest..

although things are different in england than they are here in scotland when you get registered

hope you can get it resolved quickly

I have a couple of french friends that might be able to help you translate things should you need to ....

good luck

mum2two
24-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I've just registered a french lady as my assistant.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/The-French-certificate-of-good.html

Log onto that link, there's another link a bit down the page, which you just enter your info in. (It's all in french so I didn't have a clue!!!)

She requested 2 or 3 copies, and had them through in a couple of days. You then have to send it off to get it certifiably translated, which you send to ofsted.

HTH

xx

Kimmy050983
24-03-2010, 08:54 PM
@mum2two

OH thank you so much!! That is brillant help!
Can I ask you , did they provide a list with certified translators?

Thanks
Kimmy x

mum2two
25-03-2010, 02:40 PM
It's all in French, so I haven't got a clue!!

I think it's the british embassy that translate it. I can't remember, does it not say on the letter from ofsted? There were a couple of places mentioned on a letter I got from someone, but I haven't got it anymore...

xx