PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!

hop04
20-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi all, ive just found this site and cant believe how wonderful it is!! My problem is ive just started looking after a 13 month mindee and have my own 7 month old. My DD has 3 sleeps a day upstaires in her cot but the upstaires is not registered, is that ok as she is mine? Also when i take her to bed i put her down and give her a dummy and she goes fast asleep straightaway but while i do that approx 3/4 mins my mindee is downstaires alone ( i always make sure he is busy playing and is safe before i go) but really think ofsted would not be happy with this? Could anyone shed any light please? Or have any suggestions.Many thanks in advance :)

babs
20-03-2010, 09:01 PM
hi and welcome..
personaly i wouldnt leave a lo downstairs on their own 3 or 4 minutes is a long time and dont think ofsted would like this cud u not take lo upstairs with u?
also where do u leave in a travel cot or just playing on floor.

Mollymop
20-03-2010, 09:16 PM
As babs says - take her up with u huni

Your children are your priority so if your little one needs naps let her

and YES it is your house so if you're own child needs to sleep upstairs it is up to you - you don't need to register upstairs with Ofsted if it is just for your own child! They don't inspect you with oyur own children.

If you are taking the 13 month upstairs with you when you put your own child down for a nap you will have to register upstairs with ofsted. x

SparklingGems
20-03-2010, 09:38 PM
When I had my pre reg inspection with ofsted I asked the same question I was told if my upstairs was not registered then I could not go up there during the day with mindees, I was not allowed to leave them unsupervised at all.

I have had my upstairs registered for this reason as she told me if its registered I can take mindees upstairs while I put my baby to bed.

hth

Gizmo
20-03-2010, 09:44 PM
can your dd sleep downstairs somewhere in a pram or travel cot so you dont need to leave mindee

francinejayne
20-03-2010, 09:50 PM
If you're not supposed to leave mindess unsupervised - what do you all do when you want the toilet?!

babs
20-03-2010, 09:52 PM
downstairs loo pee with the door open....... mind u at moment i have lo toilet training and its barbie u go then i go so dont have much choice..

The Juggler
20-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I would not leave a mindee this young on their own downstairs unless I was absolutely sure they couldn't hurt themselves. What about a travel cot downstairs you can pop mindee in there so you know they are safe whilst you are upstairs?

HappyH
20-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Why don't you leave the mindee in a travel cot downstairs. It's safe and I don't think Ofsted can object to that. It's also easier than taking both upstairs (I tried...)

hop04
22-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Thankyou for your replies. I do put the mindee in the travel cots with his his fave toys at the mo. My upstaires isnt registered at the m and taking the mindee and my own uo at same time would be hard as both dont walk!
Its so hard knowing what to do....like francinejayne said if you cant leave them what about toilet?!!:eek:
For my forst mindee i think i messed up alittle as hes so little and not walking and with my own dd its hard work!!! Ive worked and managed nursieries for years and this is soooo much harder and stressful!!!!! i think once ive had my inspection ill be able to relax alittle!!:)
thanks again x