PDA

View Full Version : should I go alone or not...

Blackhorse
19-03-2010, 08:08 PM
ok I am off to Perth for this weekend for the SCMA vision review weekend.

When I first heard about it and the fact that it was an overnight stay I was worried about leaving my dd alone for the whole weekend, silly I know.
She would be fine with dad but we co-sleep and at the time she was still bfing which she isnt anymore now...

anyways, I spoke to SCMA and they said dd and dp could come and they would get us a family room and I would pay the difference in price
so we would all go together..dp and dd would have a day out in perth and then from sunday lunch time when all the meetings are over we could do stuff together

but no dp doesnt want to go coz he said he doesnt know what to do with dd in perth for a day and a half. weatherforecast is bad and he was looking through the internet and couldnt find anything much to do there and he is worried.

so do I say ok I go alone...and leave dd and him home....meaning we will have to pay extra for the room altough we wouldnt have needed it and I will worry about dd over night...
or do I drag them along and ''risk'' them having a boring weekend...

PS dd was 2 in january...

any advice ladies and gents? I probably sound like a bad case of overprotective mum right now...

ORKSIE
19-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I have said take em..only because I am selfish, and I would not have been able to leave my LO :)

But it your call:thumbsup:

Isnt Perth in Oz:rolleyes:

Gizmo
Not for the fact that dd and dp will be bored
Have some time out for YOU
In fact I think i will come with you :laughing:

Goatgirl
Yes, I'd say ask dp to go for your peace of mind. Surely there's something to do?! Maybe you could do an internet search yourself? Must at least be a soft play area, or how about going swimming?!

hope you can come to an amicable agreement :)
bws, Wendy

FussyElmo
19-03-2010, 08:23 PM
I have said go alone enjoy some "me time". However I would be in the same position and would worry about the children :)

Blackhorse
19-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Not for the fact that dd and dp will be bored
Have some time out for YOU
In fact I think i will come with you :laughing:

haha if you fancy sharing a family room I will take you!! :-)

LOOPYLISA
19-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I thought you were off to OZ :laughing:

I would (as its the weekend ) take dh and your lo, but then it may do you good to have a break oh i dunno ive had a wine or 2 :D

Whatever you decide enjoy x x x

Gizmo
19-03-2010, 08:27 PM
haha if you fancy sharing a family room I will take you!! :-)

dont think I really fancy an SCMA weekend but a weekend without the kids that would be bliss :laughing: :laughing:

Blackhorse
19-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I thought you were off to OZ :laughing:

I would (as its the weekend ) take dh and your lo, but then it may do you good to have a break oh i dunno ive had a wine or 2 :D

Whatever you decide enjoy x x x

not yet...
there will be a cm conference there..or NZ...and we can put our names in the hat to get drawn to go...who do you think will definately put their name in the hat...LOL

wendywu
19-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I would not worry about leaving my dd with my DH or my mum ( when they were young ) but only with them.

Give her the chance to be a Daddys Girl, bless ;)

Tinglesnark
19-03-2010, 09:09 PM
hmmm. my ds2 was born in january so the same age as your lo and we also bf and co sleep so i know what your feeling like. i do know that my lo really benefits from his daddy time but i dont like to be away from him for long. If you dh really doesnt want to go with you then i wouldnt worry about them but if you can change his mind by sorting him an itinerary then id take him with you :D

Alibali
19-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Go alone, enjoy and relax, they'll be fine without you.

cher25
19-03-2010, 10:18 PM
If you's are driving up then tell him to head into dundee or fife for the day. He will easily find a soft play or something.

Im not a parent myself yet, (:()
But only go yourself if your sure you and your dd will be ok apart. There will be a time that she may have to stay with dad herself. No harm getting her used to it now.

miffy
19-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Take the opportunity for a bit of me time.

Better that than a grumpy dp :rolleyes:

You may be able to sort the hotel room out so it doesn't cost you any more.

Miffy xx

jelly15
19-03-2010, 10:52 PM
If you go alone you won't be worring about if they are having a good time or not and you can have a little time for yourself. It will be good for them to spend a bit of extra bonding time together, and as far as you and DH, well absence makes the heart grow fonder.

angeldelight
19-03-2010, 11:46 PM
What did you decide to do in the end ?

Angel xx

Blackhorse
20-03-2010, 06:42 AM
well I didnt decide until this morning..or last night.

I think you are right...I KNOW they will be fine, but somehow that doesnt stop me from worrying.

DP doesnt drive so its not like I can let them have the car to go and do stuff.
it also will be good for him to care for dd all alone for a weekend without me making food and tidying after them

I also can do with some time away I think, which is something I havent had in over 2 years.

I think it is just that with co-sleeping I havent ever even been in another room than her for a full night. But then she now sleeps through and dp will lie next to her.
I have been away evenings before so I know she goes to bed without me no problem....
I am just being silly probably and maybe I NEED to be away to relax a bit more about it too.

there is just nothing that prepares you about the emotions of having children is there....:D

angeldelight
20-03-2010, 08:26 AM
I know just what you mean

I go to my friends sometimes and stay over and I panic about my daughters who are in their 20s - will they manage with out me if something goes wrong etc etc etc and the list goes on
:laughing: :laughing:

They think I am mad of course

Once a mom always a mom hey ?

Hope you have a good time and you know they will be fine

Hugs

Angel xx

Tam's Tribe
20-03-2010, 08:48 AM
I know exactly how you feel as when I used to travel for work I missed my boys like mad and believe NO ONE could look after my boys like I could :blush: . . . but I had to go and tried to cover all bases at home to make it nice for my boys and easy for my hubby (even down to taking out clothes, etc.) . . . truth be told, we all missed each other like mad and yes hubby didnt do things like I did but the kids were HAPPY, clothed (even though the colours clashed :angry: ), feed and watered but most importantly they had a fabulous time with daddy, and they spent some much needed time with him . . . so you go and enjoy yourself, some time for you!!!!

Lovies
Tam
x

p.s. my kids were younger than 2 when I first had to go on a business trip.

manjay
20-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Really pleased you decided to go Nicole. I think it will benefit all of you,

Think I must be a really wicked Mum as I have absolutely no problem doing this:rolleyes: . My children have all enjoyed the excitement of either just Mummy or Mummy and Daddy going away overnight since they were small. Yes I missed them, yes they wouldn't have been cared for in the way that I do but I always knew they would never come to any harm. I truely believe that it does everyone good:D

Enjoy your weekend away:thumbsup:

kindredspirits
20-03-2010, 10:14 AM
I know exactly how you feel because I co-sleep with my 3 year old son and have done virtually since birth - i was really shocked last summer when we were camping that my DS fell asleep next to his dad in the tent when i was in the shower and since then i have lost some of th misconception that my DS will not sleep without me - he just needs me or daddy and unfortunately daddy is not a big fan of the idea of co-sleeping (plus i would find it hard not to sleep next to my son now) so i do it still BUT its made a big difference to the fact that I think if i ever had to go away, or go to hospital etc my son would be fine with his daddy - it will prob do your DH good as well to see that he can have your daughter for a whole weekend without any help! x
have a good break! x

little chickee
20-03-2010, 10:29 AM
also think of that welcome home you will get from your dd. I think that it is worth going away for a bit just to have my kids run to greet me and have a great big hug.

Blackhorse
21-03-2010, 04:08 PM
thank you all!

I had a great weekend away and dd was fine.:clapping:
She had a good time, slept well...I even talked to her on the phone...
the only crying done was by myself so that was good.

It is reassuring to know that you can be away and dd is fine...I know she is fine with her dad as they get time to them alone but it wasnt ever over night...
and I think they would have been bored there anyways as not much to do.

I had a great weekend too and it was nice to have dinner with no children in sight...being able to have a shower ALONE etc etc..
she isn't mega clingy now that I am back so I know she is ok iyswim