PDA

View Full Version : Pre Reg Visit

Mandi75
19-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi

I have my inspection on monday and im soooo nervous! I really dont feel prepared at all :panic:

what do they want to see when they come, any advice would be most welcome

Thankyou

Mandi xx

beccas
19-03-2010, 12:29 PM
my assistant had hers yesterday, she checked all her id for crb, asked her about catergories of eyfs, youknow creative development all those and how she can help children develop in each one, then she asked about promoting diversity. she also asked about resources, she would have checked house but as its already registered didnt need to. she also just asked if she had done her pre reg course, first aid and safeguarding and food hygene, dont worry her inspector was lovely even helped her when she got stuck. just relax its only a pre reg they just checking your suitabloe and know what you are letting yourself into.:laughing:

thinktink
19-03-2010, 01:20 PM
all the best = you'll be fine and my inspector was really helpful the other week I was in a panic beforehand too but you'll feel sooo relieved when over and it's not as bad as you think :)

xx

doodles
19-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Hiya Mandi,
Its really nothing to be nervous about, they arent there to inspect you, its just a visit to see you know what you need to be doing and for them to check your house is safe etc..
I had all my policies ready and she didnt even want to see them!
You will be fine :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
19-03-2010, 03:20 PM
my pre reg was lovely...

she had a look round the house..i showed her the changes made to make a non child friendly house a child friendly one. She looked at my complaints policy and my safeguarding children policy. I then rattled off the list of the others and she ticked them off. We talked about child protection issues in the news and then we had a chat about some old mutual acquaintences and had a gossip really.
She was very helpful and showed me a few different ways and hints for the real deal.

she came back to do DD#1 crb and met my Oh...she took a shine to him!

Emz
19-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I worried too, but my pre reg was not stressful at all.
She had a look at all the rooms i planned to use, looked for hazards (and told me to sort them before inspection), gave me advice on a fire escape plan and basically answered any questions that i had.

It was a lovely visit tbh so try not to worry to much, you'll be fine x

SparklingGems
20-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Please try not to worry although its easier said than done. When I had mine she checked around the house and we talked through risk areas and what I had done/intend to do to minimize the risks. She looked through the policys I had done and asked me alot of questions out of the getting ready for your inspection booklet. But she did help me along with things I found difficult and gave me examples and ideas She checked my identification for crbs and answered any q's I had then at the end so told me of recomendations of which I had one a fire guard even though my fire is remote controlled and wont be used in the day she was worried children may bump their heads.

you will be fine goodluck:thumbsup:

jelly15
20-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck.

babs
20-03-2010, 08:38 PM
dont worry it will be fine, my pre reg visit was very relaxed we chatted she checked my house and offered loads of advice, putting little postie notes on my paperwork saying i didnt tell u this ..... just ask her anything your not sure of and listen to what she says they are human after all......

Kimmy050983
24-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi Mandi, I will be thinking of you as i am having mine on tuesday. am trying not to panic :laughing:

Milli147
25-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi, I was really nervous too, but once she was here I actually enjoyed it!
They don't expect you to have done anything at all as regards the house, but you must be aware of what you INTEND to do, I downloaded a risk assessment form and went around my house and garden identifying any hazards and what I will do about them. She really liked that because it shows you've thought it through.
The other key things were safeguarding (how to spot neglect etc, what you would do), and obviously the EYFS. She asked me to describe suitable activities for a certain age group that would link to the 6 areas of learning, but you could always stick the poster up on the wall if you think you might forget what they are!
Please don't worry, they WANT you to become a childminder remember, she's not trying to catch you out!
Good luck x

Mandi75
26-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Hiya all,

Thanks for your lovely posts!

My inspection went great, i passed without any actions :clapping: The lady was lovely.

Just got to wait now for the crbs to come back.

Is there anything i should do while waiting? should i hold off on advertising you think until im registered?

Thanks so much

Mandi xx

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 11:44 AM
thats brilliant...see i told you!

i didnt do any advertising until my CRBs came back as it took 4 months to get Ohs...mine and the kids took 2 weeks!

I did talk to friends and family and neighbours...telling them of my plans and thats how i got my first mindee.
I used the time to get everything ready...making a few more "about me books" and parents welcome packs so i had some ready to give out. I made a website (you can keep it off line until you are ready) and made my advert postcards really funky and eye catching.

i also did all those jobs i havent got time to do now!!!!!

good luck and if you need any help just shout

love mandy x

Milli147
26-03-2010, 12:26 PM
That's great news, well done you!

I would not advertise until you are registered, but what I did was to speak to all the childminders I knew at school etc and let them know, I have had two enquiries this week and both of them were referred to me from other childminders who were full.

I made welcome packs with all my policies etc, sample menus, typical day etc that they could take away with them to look through, and apart from that had a good old tidy up and clear out!

Have just got my first mindee this morning due to start in June and I am walking on air! Cannot wait! :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy:

68nic
26-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Hope it all goes well for you on Monday ! I had my phone call this morning, she's coming on Tuesday.Looks like we will be in for a busy weekend making the place spotless. GOOD LUCK !! :)

Twinklestars
26-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Don't let it worry you, easier said than done I know, they rang to do mine when I was heavily pregnant and very poorly so I asked to put it off but she came and did my crb's so they were at least in the system, that was mid dec, then she put it on hold til I was ready. She then rang me at the beginning of Jan to say could she do my pre reg visit as all the checks were back!! I had only been out of hospital about 2 days and had been there for nearly a week as my baby was quite poorly so as you can imagine my brain couldn't take anything in - but she was lovely and said ring her if I needed any help which I did as I needed a variation to mind another baby (mine is only 12 weeks now)which she recommended me for without another visit - so lets hope you're lucky and get a nice one like mine.

ashwell
26-03-2010, 02:41 PM
im in pre reg stage and i want to register on the early years register and the childcare register what is the difference in staffing arrangements :(

KarenM
28-03-2010, 08:57 PM
During the pre-reg visit I have put my hubby down as my assistant as he will be doing the cooking and the running about etc. Do I need to train him up, or can I say he will be receiving on the job training?

funfunfun
28-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Good luck i have myns Wednesday !!!!