PDA

View Full Version : settling in xxx

mamasheshe
18-03-2010, 05:04 PM
hello advice please
I'm soon to be settling in three children one 14mnth,11months,13months
two of them two full days one a couple of afternoons what we are going to do is get mum to go for a walk or down the shops to judge how much settling in they are going to need and build it up from their (don't know if that's common practice)

think this may be a tricky age :blush:

any tips please also any activity planing ideas for this age group xxxxxxx

crazyhazy
18-03-2010, 05:14 PM
My eldest daughter starte dta nursery at 11 months and up till then had been quite clingy but surprisingly she was ok. Too busy playing to be bothered about me being gone, she did cry when we dropped her off but settled quickly. I think she done 2 settling in sessions, one I stayed with her and just let her play and the other I stayed 10mins, then went to the shops for an hour and she was fine.

WibbleWobble
18-03-2010, 05:19 PM
i have three LOS that have started recently.

I choose a day i dont have any mindees and have mummy come over with LO.
She stays an plays for an hour or so...i can ask questions she can too.

Then they come for two hours and mummy goes to town and shops...for herself! Again no other mindee

then they come for another hour or two and play with mindee...again mummy goes to town

Took about a week and a half to sort out...two started today after that settling in system and have been fantastic!

miffy
18-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I'd have them at different times initially so you can get to know each of them.

Something similar to what parsleypetal says would be good - depends how much time you've got before you start properly with them all

Miffy xx