PDA

View Full Version : nothings ever simple is it!

SJ35
18-03-2010, 03:26 PM
hi all, well i thought it was all going so well lol!

We are moving soon and will be under a new council. The one we are with at the moment( south staffs) say as long as i have done my ICP within 6 months of registering then its fine. The new council (wolverhampton) say that i have to have finished the ICP course before i can register! :mad: so i am now trying to do it myself rather than wait for the next course in Wolverhampton which is months and months away :(

I also have to change my first aid course too and there will be a longer wait for that too.

sorry for the moan, just think its mad that i only move 3 miles and have to change everything! i know , i know there has to be a cut off point somewhere with council borders lol ;)

so i hope i can get to do a course and exam soon, then i can apply to OFSTED as soon as we move and wait for my pre reg visit.

Stace x x

Fabby
18-03-2010, 03:35 PM
oh dear, that was like me i live in north staffs and i had to complete the icp course before registration. I looked into it back in april last year and had to wait till sept to start the course and now just waiting for my crb to come through........... been a verrrrrrryyyyyyy long process, but at the same time it as given me all the time to research and get everything together and also made me realise how much i want this career.

Vyx
19-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Jade

Do you know when the next course for staffs is?

The reason I ask is I has a similar situation with our move. Both areas stipulated I had to do the course first but I was living in Cheshire West and Chester when I started the course and then moved halfway through. As I was prepared to travel to the venue to complete the course, they were happy for me to finish it with them. So I did the first 8 modules with Cheshire West and Chester and the 9th (where you get the Ofsted forms) with Cheshire East. The lady for Cheshire West and Chester OK'd it with Cheshire East and it all went smoothly. My ICP (or ICC as they call it here) was issued by Cheshire West and Chester but my grant etc was Cheshire East. Does that make sense?

Wold it be poss for you to do the course in Staffs if it's closer?

Best of luck.

Vyx

SJ35
22-03-2010, 01:24 PM
hi,
well me being impatient as ever, my lovely hubby has rung the national extension college and ordered me the course to do at home!! £152 :eek: so that will come in a week or so and then i should be able to put more hours in at home and then do the exam in a month or so :clapping: :clapping: can't wait!! :)

Oh Vyx the next course isn't til the autumn sometime i was told x x

Stace x x x