PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Quality First

MacFi
16-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Does anyone else do this scheme - costs a fortune and wondered if there was any benefit? Advice please!

sarah707
16-03-2010, 08:38 PM
I did it because I was told I needed it to get into a network.

It was useful from a 'putting everything down on paper' kind of angle.

It was a lot of paper work!!

It hasn't done a thing for me and now they've moved the goal posts on the network!

I'd rather spend my time doing my SEF :D

Mouse
16-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I did it just after I'd finished my NVQ3 and found it was very similar. Infact, I copied some bits straight from my NVQ folders!

It hasn't made the slightest bit of difference to me. It's not a qualification and isn't something that parents recognise. It might have been useful if I hadn't done the NVQ as it does make you think about your practice, but I'm sure there are better things to do. I think it may have changed a bit since I did mine, but once I'd finished it I've never looked at it again, so wouldn't know for sure.

I had to do mine as a condition of being a support minder. You either had to be on the network, or do Quality First. I wasn't going on the network, so did QF. They funded it for me, so I didn't pay.

MacFi
16-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Whats it mean 'on the network' sorry I'm abit new to all this!

Pipsqueak
16-03-2010, 10:48 PM
yes I done it alongside my NVQ and whilst as Sarah describes it was a useful tool for reflection it was similar to NVQ and not a qualificaition. Its basically a 'quality mark' bit like a kitemark.

I am not renewing mine, not to mention they currently have it suspended (or they had last time I looked) until they updated it to EYFS.

cherishcare
29-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I read last week on the NCMA website that the Quality First scheme is being discontinued. This is the link to the page:

http://www.*************/news_and_events/news/january_to_june_2010/quality_first_scheme.aspx

If you want to be quality assured you have to be in a NCMA Children Come First network. This is the website:

http://www.ncmaccf.org.uk/

Hope that is of some use :)