PDA

View Full Version : sleeping arrangements

Mookins
16-03-2010, 08:24 PM
just a quick question...when your little mindees are sleeping whether it be nap time or overnight do you all have cots/cribs or do you use travel cots:)

x x x

babs
16-03-2010, 08:53 PM
travel cot for younger ones ,others lie on settee or fall asleep in middle of living floor:littleangel: , one curls up on my hubby's chair she wont sleep anywhere else...

Fabby
16-03-2010, 09:05 PM
ive got a ready made inflatale bed for my toddler - a winnie the pooh one and i will be using a travel cot for baby or pushchair

green puppy
16-03-2010, 09:06 PM
One in a travel cot and 2 in lay flat pushchairs, this is how they nap at home (the two in pushchairs) and I have written permission for this to happen at my house.

Mookins
17-03-2010, 08:42 AM
thats brilliant thanks soo much peeps:clapping:
had visions of having to have numerous cots and cribs :panic:

x x x

SparklingGems
17-03-2010, 09:05 AM
When I had my pre reg visit ofsted inspector said aslong as the child is safe they can sleep anywhere. But you must be able to prove you can check on them every 10 mins.

That doesnt include using a monitor. So I have decided to use a travel cot in my living room and pushchairs. I had originally decided to use upstairs.

caz3007
17-03-2010, 10:14 AM
I have a travel cot for my mindies

snufflepuff
17-03-2010, 10:22 AM
My son sleeps on the sofa as he usually would, and my mindee sleeps on the floor- i lay out a folded duvet and some pillows to make it comfortable for her, but she will happily sleep anywhere. To be honest though, they usually sleep in the car or buggy as we are always out. I have a travel cot if i ever need it and also plenty of buggies!

Bushpig
17-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I have travel cots for the little ones (3 travel cots in the playroom)... and have 2 fold out children's polka dot chair/beds for the older ones that are already in 'big' beds at home. All sleep in the playroom.

singlewiththree
17-03-2010, 11:28 AM
When I had my pre reg visit ofsted inspector said aslong as the child is safe they can sleep anywhere. But you must be able to prove you can check on them every 10 mins.

That doesnt include using a monitor. So I have decided to use a travel cot in my living room and pushchairs. I had originally decided to use upstairs.

There are no requirements that you have to prove you check on them every 10 mins even though we all do and probably more often.

Mine are sleep in the pushchair at the moment, both refused the travel cot and screamed and I can't leave them to do that as I'm too soft and have a neighbour who complains of any noise.

sfox2003
17-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Every 10 mins!!!! Blimey. My 2 yr old mindee sleeps for 2 hours so that would mean 12 checks in one nap, hes only in the next room with the doors ajar!!! I probably only check him 3 or 4 times. Should I check more often? My own son sleeps for almost as long in his room upstairs & I confess I only check him once or twice. Oh dear - am I not checking enough????

Also someone mentioned getting permission for them to nap in a pram. I have another 2 yr old mindee who doesnt always nap but if she does she sits in the buggy. Do I need to get permission for her to do this?

So many rules & regulations arent there. They should all be clearly written down for us shouldnt they? I suppose they are in the statutory guidelines - but its not exactly a straightforward read is it? :)

green puppy
17-03-2010, 01:36 PM
It's good practice to check sleeping babies every 15 mins or used to be anyway. I get permission from parents to put a child to sleep in the pushchair as Ofsted frowned upon it!

Tina O
17-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I say whatever the parents want, I have a travel cot and a spare bed, in guest room, but if they want them to nap on sofa, whatever fits with their schedule...... I also have montors, but do not rely on them 100% and a 'check sleeping kids' chart in their folder to note times checked etc..

TheBTeam
17-03-2010, 09:12 PM
I turn my conservatory into a sleep room after lunch and restrict play to the living room for the odd stray not sleeping!

I lay out large flat cushions (soon to be waterproof ones) and cover them with a sheet and each child has their own and then their own blanket and they sleep there, using the windows/blinds/open top part of stable door and fans to regulate the temperature, we can then shut the patio door and keep an eye on them regularly, where as quite often happens all four or five are asleep at the same time we get an hour or so break!

For children to young to accept laying out on a cushion I will use either a lie flat pushchair or a layback baby chair in the living room or hall way depending on the activity likely to be around.

I used to have two boys that loved to sleep upstairs in lie back pushchairs placed back to back in my sons bedroom and they slept happily i would use a monitor and then visually check them too.

Never wrote any of this down though!

sillysausage
17-03-2010, 09:58 PM
for naps I use a travel cot, pushchair and sofa depending on the child (age and preference), however if I was providing overnight care then I would use a proper cot or bed (the mattresses on travel cots are so thin I couldn't imagine using one for a full nights sleep, though I suppose they must be ok all be it for occasional use).

Gizmo
17-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I mind 2 under 13months and they both sleep in prams in the hall where I can see them
My dd and ex mindee slept top to toe on the couch