PDA

View Full Version : Do you get on with your in laws?

WibbleWobble
16-03-2010, 04:39 PM
i have three sets...

my pseudo in laws (my eldest DDs grandparents -didnt marry him) i love and call regularly.

my ex inlaws (my other DDs grandparents-did marry that one) havent spoken to them for 15 years

and my current in laws - i visit them once a month and take them flowers and some cleaning spray...i give their grave stone a good polish! i havent ever met them...dont think i will!

it makes an interesting family life!

mandy x

Roseolivia
16-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Yes i'm lucky i get along great with my partners whole family and he gets along with mine. Definatly makes life easier.

mama2three
16-03-2010, 04:49 PM
mine are lovely.
dh couldnt get along with my mum though while she was alive which left me feeling really torn a lot of the time.

maryp0ppins
16-03-2010, 04:57 PM
both my in-laws died a long time before i was even a twinkle in their sons eye!
his dad died when he was 11 & his mum died when he was 13 (hows that for luck) :ohdear:

wish I'd have had the chance to meet them though as its obviously a part of my hubby I'll never really know about.

cabby
16-03-2010, 05:01 PM
i visit them once a month and take them flowers and some cleaning spray

sorry but when i read this bit, i thought you was trying to tell them something:laughing: :laughing:

then read rest of it:(

caz3007
16-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I get on with all my inlaws. But despite having been married twice I have never had a mother in law. I did know my first hubbies mum but she died just after we got engaged and I would have been proud to call her my MIL. My current hubbies mum died 10 years before we met, but from what I know of her, I would also have been proud of her too. Just a shame I never met her

Leanne59
16-03-2010, 05:08 PM
that a big fat NO! They hate the ten years age gap! and hate me to!!

LOOPYLISA
16-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes i do if im honest :thumbsup:

I joke to hubby i don't but do really :D

tulip0803
16-03-2010, 05:19 PM
My in-laws think I'm wonderful as I turned their rebel into a respectable person - and I have got him to eat veg:D .

Get on well however we live in Wales & they live in Norfolk so don't see them too often:rolleyes:

babs
16-03-2010, 05:19 PM
love mine to bits, hubby and my mum get on but do clash now and then when she trys to boss him around as she does brother in law but then my sister bosses him around too, hubby says he has no ****.......

cuffleygirl
16-03-2010, 05:47 PM
No nor does hubby - if you met her you'd know why are at the other end of the country! Hubby gets on great with parents - most of the time!

Mollymop
16-03-2010, 05:53 PM
We try and keep out of thir way to be honest. They are all a bunch of trouble makers - the lot of them!! They go out of their way to cause arguments, fall out with people, fight and brawl - it's like being on the set of Eastenders!! lol

They are nice to you, me anyway when I am with hubs, but will ignore me in the street! nice family - after 15 years together. Better off without them all :eek:

FussyElmo
16-03-2010, 06:13 PM
No..................:angry:

Twinkles
16-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I love my mum-in-law..........................she lives in Devon and we live in Surrey :thumbsup: :D

jelly15
16-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Both my PIL are dead now (were not keen on me as I can't speak Welsh) and I have an ok relationship with DH siblings.

sarah707
16-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I miss my mother in law :(

She was like a best friend and out of my whole marriage she's the one I miss the most.

Dp's parents are lovely though and have really welcomed me into their family! :D