PDA

View Full Version : full or half fee

coffee-time
15-03-2010, 10:06 PM
just wondered what most of you do, if the mindee or parent is sick or on holiday do they pay full fee or half, i know everyone does it differently but i cant decide and dont want to put people off by making them pay the full fee when they are off. i plan on not charging at all if im off sick or on holiday though.
thanks.

green puppy
15-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Parent/child holiday is full fee, child sickness is full fee, I am available to work so still expect to be paid. I do not charge for my holidays so if parents take the same they don't pay as my service is not available. I don't charge if I am ill although so far in 2 years I haven't had a day off besides my holidays. Children can be ill often and parents between them can often get alot of holiday time. If you don't charge or charge half thats a lot of money to be loosing! I think most childminders charge full fee.

Merry-Minder
15-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I still charge full fee for child illness, but not for my own sick days, I charge full for everyones holidays, families and my own - I take 3 weeks.
So far ive not had anyone question charging for my own hols.

singingcactus
16-03-2010, 07:29 AM
I allow one sick day per month with no charge (or a short notice absence for whatever reason), then I charge 4 weeks at half rate for holidays etc.
After that parents are contracted to pay full rate regardless of attendance.
Obviously I don't charge when I am unavailable to provide my service.

miffy
16-03-2010, 07:34 AM
just wondered what most of you do, if the mindee or parent is sick or on holiday do they pay full fee or half, i know everyone does it differently but i cant decide and dont want to put people off by making them pay the full fee when they are off. i plan on not charging at all if im off sick or on holiday though.
thanks.

Full fee for parents/childs holiday or sickness. No charge for mine.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
16-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Sickness full fee for parent and child - child off
Sickness no fee - me off

Holidays - parent off full fee
Holidays - me off - paid 2 weeks per annum

Tina O
16-03-2010, 09:05 AM
I charge 1/2 rate for parent or child holiday/sickness and mindee not with me.

I do not charge for my holidays but give complete dates I'm off for year when they register with me or at begining of new year. (I take a total of 7 weeks a year! and don't work UK bank hols either)

Toothfairy
16-03-2010, 09:12 AM
If child/parent off sick/Holiday = Full fees
If I am off sick/holiday = No fees

:thumbsup:

coffee-time
18-03-2010, 11:12 AM
thanks for your answers, still not sure what im going to do though!! i might ask around my area and find out what others are doing im just worried i might put people off if i charge full fee when they are off sick/holiday.

abijacgem
18-03-2010, 11:19 AM
The only time I don't get paid is if I'm sick or on holiday.
x

Cammie Doodle
18-03-2010, 11:32 AM
If child/parent off sick/Holiday = Full fees
If I am off sick/holiday = No fees

:thumbsup:

That's my plans from now on Toothfairy

atmkids
18-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I started off by charging half fees for parent/child holiday or sickness as I liked the idea of me having some occasional time off and thought that if they were paying me full fee they'd be less likely to take time off.

However when I took on a child whose parents do shift work I decided to charge full fee for holidays and sickness and they are the ones who take the most time off.