PDA

View Full Version : I need a bit of guidance

Fabby
14-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Right, i need to get my but into gear and start my planning. Just waiting for my crb to come through and between now and then i want to start my planning but....... i dont know where to start. Obviously i know what i have gotta do but like i say, i am finding it difficult on what to start doing first. Can some of you clever cm's point me in the right direction and tell me how you started all your planning. I have a 5 year old before and after school, a 20 month tues-fri, a 6 month tues, thurs, fri and another 6 month on a wed. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee help.
Thanks so much for all your help previously - i dont know what i would do without this site it really is a god send

Pipsqueak
14-03-2010, 09:36 AM
your planning starts from your observations of what the childrens interests are

planning is not rigid - it can't be seeing as children change ideas and interests so rapidly

Fabby
14-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I mean as in planning the themes such as monthly

sarah707
14-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Planning works from children's interests as Pip says... under 3s should only be involved in individual planning.

For older children you can involve them in a range of planned activities ... but remember that everything you plan should be flexible and if they want to take their learning in other directions, then your job is to support this!

The first planning you might think about doing is around major festivals and celebrations through the year, so that children have a wide range of exciting activities to find out about.

Then focus on things that children enjoy such as minibeasts, shopping, all about me etc.

Hth :D

Fabby
14-03-2010, 11:04 AM
thanks sarah that clarifies what i was thinking. Was just looking for advise more like on where to start. Shall i put together the next years plan of festivals/ special occassions broken down into months and then obviously month by month plan each week following the children's interests?? Am i thinking along the right track? By the way Sarah, iam going be purchasing some of your e books because they just look fab x

sarah707
14-03-2010, 12:17 PM
thanks sarah that clarifies what i was thinking. Was just looking for advise more like on where to start. Shall i put together the next years plan of festivals/ special occassions broken down into months and then obviously month by month plan each week following the children's interests?? Am i thinking along the right track? By the way Sarah, iam going be purchasing some of your e books because they just look fab x

Yes I think you are on the right tracks just be careful not to get too far ahead of yourself.

there is no point planning the most wonderful weeks' activities if the children are not in the slightest bit interested.

yes gather information from magazines, yes find internet links etc but to start with you just need a stock of information to which you can refer.

Later when you are planning this month, you can decide what to plan to meet the needs of the individual children.

hth :D

Fabby
14-03-2010, 02:02 PM
ok, i think iam trying to be too organised, i need to take a step back me thinks!! thanks for your advise

babs
14-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Right, i need to get my but into gear and start my planning. Just waiting for my crb to come through and between now and then i want to start my planning but....... i dont know where to start. Obviously i know what i have gotta do but like i say, i am finding it difficult on what to start doing first. Can some of you clever cm's point me in the right direction and tell me how you started all your planning. I have a 5 year old before and after school, a 20 month tues-fri, a 6 month tues, thurs, fri and another 6 month on a wed. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee help.
Thanks so much for all your help previously - i dont know what i would do without this site it really is a god send

once u start minding it will all come together and u will wonder why u stressed so much... as sarah has said, sounds like u are on the right track just take each day as it comes for now and get though ur pre reg so u can take on the children u have meantioned .... good luck...

Fabby
14-03-2010, 06:06 PM
once u start minding it will all come together and u will wonder why u stressed so much... as sarah has said, sounds like u are on the right track just take each day as it comes for now and get though ur pre reg so u can take on the children u have meantioned .... good luck...

thanku! I am just waiting for my crb now thats it!! it can't come quick enough!!! :thumbsup: