PDA

View Full Version : Charging whilst at pre school

jaz
17-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Do you charge when at preschool. Been asked to have full time and I dont want to lose this lo, so do I make a charge when at pre school or just before and after pre school?

Any advice welcome

J
x

miffy
17-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I do charge when mindee is at pre-school as it is impossible to fill the space for those few hours

You need to explain this to parents though so they realise it is because you can only look after x amount of childrn and can't fill the space

hth

Miffy xx

fionamal
17-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I only charge for pre-schoolers if I am taking them as well as picking them up.

If I am only to collect from pre-school then I charge from when I leave the house until the end of day.

If I am to take and collect then its a full day they get charged.

hope that made sence

ruby
17-03-2008, 04:30 PM
if we take and pick up then we charge for full day

mind you i have one little boy who we take to nursery in the afternoon and mum picks up but she still pays us full fee for when he is in pre-school because she wants to keep his place for the school holidays. (her decision not ours)

cathy

jaz
17-03-2008, 04:53 PM
The thing is the place is term time only, and the mother is prepared to pick up if the child is ill whilst at pre school.

Not sure what to do, do you think its an idea to say I will not charge unless I get an enquriy about the space, and then if she wants it he wil have to pay iyswim

J
x

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I charge if a child is at pre-school and is taking a full-time place.:)

Banana
17-03-2008, 05:33 PM
only if i am required to take and collect them from preschool and they are taking up one of my spaces

x

Sarsar3NCH
17-03-2008, 06:36 PM
I charge in full if I take and pick up, whether term time only or all year round

Sarah

mum2two
17-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I would still charge full fee. If they are over 3, then they are getting their playschool place funded too, so not paying any extra.

You'll prob find most minders charge full fee at playschool, so if she was to try someone else, would get told the same.

Are you part of a cm group, and can find out what others charge? If you know they charge it, at least you can explain this to her too, so she knows you're not the only one...

Kelly x

casey's mum
17-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I too have a LO who I take and pick up from pre school and I charge the full rate. Impossible to fill a space for a couple of hours.

Angela xx

Angela234
17-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I charge if i take and pick up the child. I used to have a child who went pm pre school i took and picked up so i charged all day then he went to morning pre school Mum said she would take him and i pick him up and she would pay from when i picked him up (yeah she told me i was new to minding ) but i did say i couldn't promise a space in the holidays.

Angela