PDA

View Full Version : help for one question in the pre-reg booklet please :)

Kimmy050983
13-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi,

I have sent my application to ofsted yesterday and am now filling out the booklet. I cannot find out the answer to question no 23:

If you are a childminder registering on the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register, how
do the staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work
with any assistants?

I have googled but cannot find any information on staffing..

HELP please :)

Thank you
Kimmy

SparklingGems
13-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi,

I have sent my application to ofsted yesterday and am now filling out the booklet. I cannot find out the answer to question no 23:

If you are a childminder registering on the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register, how
do the staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work
with any assistants?

I have googled but cannot find any information on staffing..

HELP please :)

Thank you
Kimmy

Hi

I found out the below when filling in my pre reg questions. Hope it helps

If you are a Childminder registering on the early years and childcare register how do the staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work with assistants?

On the Early Years register Unlike the Childcare Register, there is no law that says childminders have to be on the premises all the time when childcare is provided. However, you must still tell us about these arrangements because we need to decide about the suitability of the assistant. And, we also need to check that by using the assistant you will still meet all the other requirements of the Early Years Register.
This means that if you are on the Childcare Register, you cannot leave any assistant unsupervised on the premises to care for children unless we have already given our permission for this. If we do give permission, we will set it out in a condition of registration. If your assistant is under 18, you must not, in any circumstances, leave them alone with children

mama2three
13-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Kimmy , i would just say that you dont intend to use an assistant but you would check all relevant current requirements should this change in time.
what the current regulations say is that for younger children ( ey register) you can leave them with your assistant while you go to do the school run for example ( of course with parental permission and if they have a 1st aid certificate) - but not for older children on the childcare register. seems a bit backwards that the restrictions should be tighter for older children though!

Kimmy050983
13-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Thank you both!! That is really helpful - how weird though that older children shouldn´t be alone with the assistant - but younger children can be :panic:

it really does get you thinking this booklet! am still doing it and am now at question 38 :clapping: