PDA

View Full Version : Do you put Childs Age on all obs?

SandCastles
12-03-2010, 11:19 AM
My DO said that my observations needed to have the childs age on them as well as the date, I challenged her and she said that is what she is informing all her childminders, so we all do the same, and she is sure ofsted would like it, but wondered if anyone else does this as it sounds like another 'extra' thing to remember, the child's age can be calculated quickly using the child record form (DOB) and the obs date, surely I will be wasting my time going through all the obs and writing on the child's age.
What do you think?

Mollymop
12-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes I put the child's date of birth and age at time of observation. Mine are forms I print out and this info on the forms ready for me to fill in so I never forget.

Tink
12-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I also put age, date and time, this way you can look back and see if the child has met the next steps and you can link it to their EYFS development age

Chimps Childminding
12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes I puthte childs age on the forms. I have a blank one printed out which I fill in with date, child's name, age etc. it only take a few seconds :thumbsup:

mama2three
12-03-2010, 11:34 AM
i never have , and dont use preprinted forms for my obs as such , just a4 paper and my ramblings and perhaps a photo. they dont even have the name on let alone the age as they go straight in individual files.
I can see why it might be a good idea , but i wouldnt go back through ones already done , just add in the age going forward.
i think its not their actual age thats particularly relevant anyway but what 'stage' they are at - unless you have any concerns anyhow.

miffy
12-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I put the child's age but not on every sheet - the date of your observation is more important as that's what you'll look back at.

Miffy xx

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 11:52 AM
I put the child's age but not on every sheet - the date of your observation is more important as that's what you'll look back at.

Miffy xx

I do the same

Angel xx

sarah707
12-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I usually put the child's age on obs... but it is not a requirement.

However, it is good practice to put date of birth on important paperwork in case you have 2 children with the same name :D

christine e
12-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I normally put age on as normally use printed observation sheet but if i just grap a piece of papers and write down what I am seeing/hearing I just write name and date.

Cx

sunflower
12-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I put age of child and date, time started and finished obs

JJAY
13-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I also put the date and age of the child on all obs and planning

Ripeberry
13-03-2010, 06:03 PM
When you say age, do you mark it as..for example 3yrs or 3.2yrs if that child was a bit older than 3 ? Or is it best to do it in months? As in 36 months or 38 months.