PDA

View Full Version : YOUR MOM AND MOTHERS DAY

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
So what are you all buying your mom for mothers day

Do you pamper her - take her out for a meal ?

I am happy that my mom is here this year she lives in Spain so do not always get to see her
Its going to be a sad one too with out my sister this year so I know she is just going to love being able to see us all

So what present have you got for your mom ?

Big hugs to anyone who has lost their mom I know it must be a difficult day for you xxx

Angel xxx

LOOPYLISA
12-03-2010, 10:05 AM
We are taking our mummys out for a meal sunday :thumbsup: , i am picking up them both a bouquet of flowers tomorrow :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
We are taking our mummys out for a meal sunday :thumbsup: , i am picking up them both a bouquet of flowers tomorrow :thumbsup:

Have a lovely sunday everyone x

OOOPPPSSSS POSTED TWICE :blush:

solly
12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I wont get to see my mum as she lives up in the midlands and i live down south so have sent her a bouquet of flowers that will be delivered on sunday:)

kindredspirits
12-03-2010, 10:13 AM
i'd buy my mum cyanide:D

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 10:14 AM

Ouch :laughing:

Angel xx

Lou
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I dont really go in for it too much to be honest. I have sent my mum a card of course, but I dont do presents or anything. Sorry if that sounds mean!!!!!

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I dont really go in for it too much to be honest. I have sent my mum a card of course, but I dont do presents or anything. Sorry if that sounds mean!!!!!

I dont think it sounds mean

I think it depends on what you have always done and if its not something you have ever bothered with then why change it

We always made a big thing of it when we were little with my mom - then continued when we were older and my children do the same - but thats because we have always done that

Angel xx

Chimps Childminding
12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I am finding it really hard to know what to get my mum:( She is registered blind and also has alzheimer's.

Everything I think of I realise she won't see, my dad won't put on her etc. She doesn't wear jewellery anymore, she has enough smellies to stock Boots! she can't see ornaments/photo's etc, oh and she is also diabetic so chocolates are a no no (plus Dad would eat them all :D )!! and as Dad has to feed her its awkward going out for meals :(

So I think it will have to be scented flowers, then again she will probably complain about the smell :laughing:

Unless anyone can think of something I haven't?? :idea: :idea:

miffy
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I am finding it really hard to know what to get my mum:( She is registered blind and also has alzheimer's.

Everything I think of I realise she won't see, my dad won't put on her etc. She doesn't wear jewellery anymore, she has enough smellies to stock Boots! she can't see ornaments/photo's etc, oh and she is also diabetic so chocolates are a no no (plus Dad would eat them all :D )!! and as Dad has to feed her its awkward going out for meals :(

So I think it will have to be scented flowers, then again she will probably complain about the smell :laughing:

What about a talking book or a cd of her favourite singer/group?

Miffy xx

sandy64
12-03-2010, 11:48 AM
ive got my mum a nice big cushion that my friend makes its lovely and different as theres 7 of us and we all usually buy her flowers. and we will take take her out for lunch. have a happy mothers day to you all:)

Chell
12-03-2010, 12:37 PM
We don't do big gifts, just something small. I have some Mum shaped cookies from Asda, a box of mini TOblerone (her fav) and I think I might get three little primrose plants for her garden. We were talking about them the other day. I'm getting three so each of my children can give her one. I might wrap the pots in tissue paper to make the look fancy.

cuddlybunny38
12-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Im one of those whos mum isnt here( been gone 5 years with my dad).

My mother in law though we got here some chocs and a bookmark. I am going out my self sun with hubby and 17 yr old son to stockwood county park in luton, love looking round the museum there. Not sure what my daughter is doing for me though, it is also her own first mothers day her little one is 9 mths.

Tink
12-03-2010, 02:17 PM

My Grandma had Alzheimer so I know how hard it is.
Maybe you could get her something she could feel or like you say smell,
failing that give her a huge hug X X X

FizzysFriends
12-03-2010, 02:29 PM
My mom is having earring and flowers (must remember to get them tomorrow). Not going out for a meal this year though.

Tink
12-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I've got my mum a card, flowers and earrings and were going to my mums and me and little sis are cooking her tea

singingcactus
12-03-2010, 02:43 PM
If I remember I will send her a text. I am not big on these 'somebodies' days lol. I don't have the kids do anything for me either - we just spend the day together as we do every sunday :) and that is all I want, to be with my kids.

wendywu
12-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I sent my mum flowers and chocolates through the post.

Then we are all going out for a meal on Sunday :)

mamasheshe
12-03-2010, 04:05 PM
me and my daughters have made my mum *magic rainbow pictures* (which are various laminated things mainly tissue paper!!):blush:

snufflepuff
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
My mum has to work on Sunday then one or the other of us is busy for the next 4 or 5 weekends, so ill be taking her out for a meal in about 6 weeks time! Ive bought her some silk flowers in a lovely vase though- she was looking at them when we last went shopping together and loved them but couldnt afford to buy them.......so ive got them for her as a surprise. :littleangel:

TheBTeam
12-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Probably a new cooker cos she just told me on the phone that hers packed up in the middle of cooking dinner!

Pauline
12-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Big hugs to anyone who has lost their mom I know it must be a difficult day for you xxx

Angel xxx

Thanks Angel, we will be remembering happy Mother's Days gone by. :)

FussyElmo
12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I have brought my mum a train station clock for the outside. She loves knick knacks for her garden and she hasnt annoyed me yet this year :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
12-03-2010, 08:11 PM
It was my mums birthday last Sunday, sister and I bought her a clock with date, day, month, digital and analogue time on. She is in possible early stages of dementia and her short term memory is annoying her - she can't remember what day of the week it is for docs appts etc :rolleyes:

For mothers day it will be a card (posted :thumbsup: ) and a phone call - that's what she wants more than anything, she is so lonely since my dad dies in 2006.

DHs mum died in 2006 too so he does not enjoy these special days.

Big hugs for all those who have lost their mums x Keep the memories alive xx

Chimps Childminding
12-03-2010, 10:09 PM
What about a talking book or a cd of her favourite singer/group?

Miffy xx

Thanks Miffy, had thought about that, but to be honest we have borrowed talking books from a friend, but she doesn't really seem very interested!! :(

Have bought flowers and made up a bouquet for her includin lillies and freesias so hopefully even if she can't see them she can smell them! Have already arranged them in a vase as I can't expect poor dad to do it bless him!! :rolleyes:

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks Miffy, had thought about that, but to be honest we have borrowed talking books from a friend, but she doesn't really seem very interested!! :(

Have bought flowers and made up a bouquet for her includin lillies and freesias so hopefully even if she can't see them she can smell them! Have already arranged them in a vase as I can't expect poor dad to do it bless him!! :rolleyes:

The flowers sound lovely Carolyn

Hope your mom thinks they smell lovely

Angel xx

ORKSIE
12-03-2010, 11:04 PM
I am not a very good daughter this year.....its just crept up on me....
I always have my mum and dad, & mum & dad in law over for sunday dinner, but I have not given it a thought, what with DH going into hosp and DD having her heart monitor today:panic:

I will make it up to them.
I will of course give them flowers and a card:thumbsup:

angeldelight
13-03-2010, 01:52 AM
I am not a very good daughter this year.....its just crept up on me....
I always have my mum and dad, & mum & dad in law over for sunday dinner, but I have not given it a thought, what with DH going into hosp and DD having her heart monitor today:panic:

I will make it up to them.
I will of course give them flowers and a card:thumbsup:

I am sure that they will understand

Hope hubby is feeling ok

Angel xx

childmind04
13-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Im getting my mum some paint for her living room :laughing: sounds mad i know but she just moved into a new sheltered flat and it needs decorating and money for her is a bit tight so i wanted to get her something she needs, then i am sending my kids over to paint it next week :)

Will probably pick her up something little from the kids today :)

Winnie
13-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I will be thinking of my Mum (passed away Feb 1986) and if she was still here i know what i would give her; a hug and a squeeze :)
I'll also be thinking of mummies who have lost children as Mothering Sunday can be a particularly raw time.

Fabby
13-03-2010, 11:52 AM
My hubby is cooking for all 8 of us tomorrow, just been out to buy lamb shanks ...... £20 :eek: but will be lovely jubbly!!! Also got them both a flower arrangement in a basket which is really nice. :D

helenlc
13-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Glad its not just me !!! Looks like we have even more in common!!!!!:laughing:

I havent got on with my mum for years so its not a problem for me!!:D

Daisy1956
13-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Carolyn, Have you thought of a herb pot or something similar that she can touch to release the smells - i know it is the wrong time of year but lavendar,lemon thyme pineapple sage etc. but my thoughts are with you I lost my Mum in1995 and still miss her.

Chimps Childminding
14-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Carolyn, Have you thought of a herb pot or something similar that she can touch to release the smells - i know it is the wrong time of year but lavendar,lemon thyme pineapple sage etc. but my thoughts are with you I lost my Mum in1995 and still miss her.

Thanks Daisy hadn't thought of that! Have gone with scented flowers, although when I got over there my 2 brothers had also bought flowers, obviously as stuck as I was!! Will try and remember the scented herbs for next year (her birthday was January so I have already taken care of that present):thumbsup:

babs
14-03-2010, 04:51 PM
my mum lives in wales ,hubbys mum lives in hartlepool sent both cards but always take them presents when we visit......

Tina O
14-03-2010, 05:04 PM
If anyone is ever stuck for a present do you ever consider giving to a charity in their name?:idea: we always use 'the mothers union' charity gift scheme on mothers day and send a present that goes to help others (and not all the gifts go overseas they also support families struggling in UK too!) both our mothers know that this charity is close to our hearts (we are both members) and as my mum says, she has enough 'stuff' and passing a 'helping hand' on is a good thing and is pleased we pass on help in her name, afterall for the price of a bunch of flowers we have sent a new way of life to a grandmother in Uganda! we have supported children's centres in UK prisions*, parent clases for teenage mums in some innercities, as well sent chickens and goats overseas.... sometimes it's good to think outside the 'box' xxx love to all..x

edit.... *the children centres allow children to be in a comfortable enviroment while visiting a mum or dad in prison and we help stock them with toys/games for the family to use...

~Chelle~
14-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Glad its not just me !!! Looks like we have even more in common!!!!!:laughing:

I havent got on with my mum for years so its not a problem for me!!:D

I dont get along with my mum either, not seen her since I was 20, I am 33 now! She is an alchoholic and left home when I was 13 so my dad has raised me and my brother.

My dad is my mummy lol:laughing: