PDA

View Full Version : eczema

sonia ann
12-03-2010, 07:17 AM
I have posted before on here about chronic eczema and dry skin, and I know everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for someone else but I have started using Aveena products in the last few days......the shower cream and the skin relief moisturising lotion with triple oat complex .....and the change in the dryness and soreness of my skin has been quite dramatic.....I still have some nasty sore spots but the overall skin condition is much improved:)

I used to use oatmeal ( in a bag)in my sons bath when he was little.....this is much more user friendly

Thought I would share for any one else who might like to try it

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks for sharing Sonia

Wonder if it would help my leg ? Still have not got the bandages

I am glad that you have found something that works for you hope the relief continues

Angel xxx

sonia ann
12-03-2010, 08:11 AM
is it just the one leg angel???

gigglinggoblin
12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks for that, mine is awful atm and my little boy also suffers badly. I give him a porridge bath sometimes, it definately helps but I have to admit I prefer the sound of the Aveena for me :)

It's a small world
12-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Dh and I agree what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Ds (6)has tried everything even aveeno this didn't work found one that did but been using for a couple of years however recently had no effect. Took back to doctors who said cream he was on was really for toddlers so changed for a stronger cream also said we could up his doseage of phenegran . Been on it for about 3 weeks and the diff is unbelievable ds hardly scratches :clapping: let's hope things improve . So pleased . It's all about trial and error until you find one that suits . Glad you found something that helps.

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 09:51 AM
is it just the one leg angel???

Yes :laughing:

Due to the problems with my leg I have had it flare up now and again over the years and it drives me crazy

The last 2 mths though due to the infection still being there its not only driving me crazy but mental too :laughing:

It does sound mad I know just having it on one leg but good for me I just dont think I could stand it on the two of them

Angel xx

sonia ann
12-03-2010, 09:53 AM
is it a form of varicose eczema .........that can happen on only one leg.

Annie_T
12-03-2010, 04:15 PM
ive just gone docs for eczema ive been given some steriod cream and some other stuff (which i got go collect 2moro as wasnt in stock today)

not suffered this bad in years .. my son has it too and he has a cream called doublebase x

sonia ann
12-03-2010, 04:20 PM
i was using doublebase and it is very nice to the touch but i found it didn't moisturise for long enough:(
i probably should go and get some steroid cream for my bad areas but like everything my needs get put on the back burner I'll get there eventually:)

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 04:51 PM
is it a form of varicose eczema .........that can happen on only one leg.

Well they said it was not

But what does that really mean if it was that ?

Angel xxx

Trouble
12-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I have tried alsort of creams for my skin and now i stick to the same things but the one i use for dryness is vaseline intensive care (the white one) for dry skin and its fab for me.i find its the only thing that lasts more than 10 mins

:angry: My feet get it the worst especially in winter they get so sore and just crack and ideas for feet?

does anyone use feet creamthat prevents cracking?????:idea:

sonia ann
12-03-2010, 07:05 PM
I have tried alsort of creams for my skin and now i stick to the same things but the one i use for dryness is vaseline intensive care (the white one) for dry skin and its fab for me.i find its the only thing that lasts more than 10 mins

:angry: My feet get it the worst especially in winter they get so sore and just crack and ideas for feet?

does anyone use feet creamthat prevents cracking?????:idea:

have yet to find one:(
i use a pedegg and cream and its ok if i do it every night but then i forget for a while
a good tip from my gp though when they get so painful that they hurt to walk because the cracks are so bad...........seal the cracks with some superglue.....it really works....it forms an artificial scab which allows it to heal....and you are painfree:)

sonia ann
12-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Well they said it was not

But what does that really mean if it was that ?

Angel xxx

http://www.eczema.org/gravitational_.html

lots of help here xx

angeldelight
13-03-2010, 01:42 AM
http://www.eczema.org/gravitational_.html

lots of help here xx

Thanks Sonia will take a look

Angel xx