PDA

View Full Version : I've gone and done it!

jackie__1981
17-03-2008, 10:19 AM
I've signed up for the Race for Life!!!!! :eek:

It might not sound like much but I am a size 24 and haven't jogged at all in about 8 years!!

I've ordered some new trainers and will start training at the end of the week. I am going to start by walking one minute, and jogging one and repeating that for 15 minutes. And gradually increasing the jogging part.

I'm hoping it will also keep me on the straight and narrow to follow weight watchers. I have lost 10lb so far but have been struggling this last couple of weeks. I've got a goal now, I will not show myself up by quitting half way so I am determined to get training and lose some weight!

I am running at Temple Newsham on the 18th of May :clapping:

crazybones
17-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Good for You :clapping: :clapping: Best of luck. You sound really determined. Let us know how you get on.

anneriddington
17-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Well done you, I did it last year with my daughter, she dashed off ahead of me but slowly slowly wins the race and I was thrilled when I finished you feel fantastic with everyone cheering you on at the finish line.

Enjoy the day, its great fun looking at all the costumes people wear

Good luck:thumbsup:

Blaze
17-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Well done you!:clapping:
Tasha:)

wendywu
17-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Well done and i think you are very brave, i hate running. I make my after schoolers laugh as they do cross country club. I tell them that when i was at school we were made to do it as a punishment:panic:

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Good luck, I bet you will enjoy it. X

sarah707
17-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Well done and i think you are very brave, i hate running. I make my after schoolers laugh as they do cross country club. I tell them that when i was at school we were made to do it as a punishment:panic:

I remember being made to run round the school field in shorts and a thin t-shirt on a winters day... punishment indeed! I've never run since...

But I do wish you all the very best with your training! :clapping:

jackie__1981
17-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks everyone, I will let you know how the training goes. I will be getting up early and doing it on a morning. I am a morning person and would never be able to do it at night. I normally get up at 5.45am every day but it will be 5.15 on training days :eek: LOL.

Banana
17-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Well done you!

My mum is currently trying to get me to do it!! SO i'll let you know if she is succesful and if I agree

Good luck with your training

x

Tatia
17-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Best of luck! I've had a friend ask if I want to join her team and am considering it. :eek:

fionamal
17-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I do this race every year as well. Its great fun , you'll enjoy it.

Good luck with the training.

Julia
22-03-2008, 09:23 AM
I've signed up for the Race for Life!!!!! :eek:

It might not sound like much but I am a size 24 and haven't jogged at all in about 8 years!!

I've ordered some new trainers and will start training at the end of the week. I am going to start by walking one minute, and jogging one and repeating that for 15 minutes. And gradually increasing the jogging part.

I'm hoping it will also keep me on the straight and narrow to follow weight watchers. I have lost 10lb so far but have been struggling this last couple of weeks. I've got a goal now, I will not show myself up by quitting half way so I am determined to get training and lose some weight!

I am running at Temple Newsham on the 18th of May :clapping:

Well Done

I do the race for life every year and walk it dressed in fancy dress, in Newport, its great fun, well apart from last year when it just rained the whole way around and we were sliding around in the mud, a few fell over and hurt themselves.

Good Luck with it and enjoy yourselves

Julia

deeb66
22-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Well done you :thumbsup:

I did the race for life a couple of years ago.

Will admit that I walked it though

Good luck