PDA

View Full Version : updating policies

carlen222
11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
hi, i hope this isnt a silly question.... was just wondering at the bottom of my policies should i put that it will be reviewed in 6 months etc?? obviously i will keep them up to date but if nothing changes do i need to print out new ones every 6 months or just as needed?? if you know what i mean :P xx

Ripeberry
11-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I review mine when anything changes, for example with the Safeguarding and Complaints policies and then they are all reviewed annualy. I usualy put "Next review Jan 2011"
I don't give a specific date but it just means that they will get reviewed in January and I've got a few weeks.
I did print my first set off. But next year I think I'll just put stickers on them, but change the word document on my PC.
Just too much waste of paper just to change the little bit at the bottom.
What I do next, is write to the parents to say that all the policies have been reviewed. Mention that most have not changed, give them copies of the ones that have and also copies of any new ones.
They then sign the bottom of the letter to say that they have read and understood the new policies and are aware of any changes.:thumbsup:

carlen222
11-03-2010, 06:38 PM
excellent, thankyou for your reply!! xx