PDA

View Full Version : What have I let myself in for??!!

clio0602
11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh well first day today. Had a 6mth old 9 til 11.30 who I'd never even met before and a 16mth old 9-3 and my own 22mth old DD.

How shattered am I?! Also hard as they are only temp while mums are on a course for a couple of weeks.

Not sure I could take more than 1 under 5 permanently as DD was v jealous especially of the baby. Really felt sorry for her as he cried solid for half hr til I managed to get him to sleep. Does anyone else have this problem? Do they just get used to having other kids around. Thinking of just doing afterschoolies. What do you think?

Thanks

Fabby
11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
do whatever you nad your family are most happy about doing. This job is all about enjoying what you do!! I know someone who just does before and after schoolies and she earns £500 a week!!!!! she does have 10 of them though :eek:

smithya85
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Dont know if you read my post but I have been looking after an 11month old (although it hasnt worked out so I wont be any longer) and my own daughter is 2 and I dont think I would take a child younger than my own again. To be honest my daughter wasnt too jelous, she was sometimes but on the whole she was great, but i felt so guilty about the time I was spending with the baby and not my own daughter. Im thinking same as you and might consider just after school children, at least to start with.

Amy x

Pipsqueak
12-03-2010, 07:52 PM
It gets easier with experience and I must admit that is a handful all those littlies!! so well done you:clapping:

it also gets easier with your own children - promise!

caz3007
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Well done on surviving your first day.

Your DD will adapt it will take time, but she needs to get used to sharing you. My 7 year old sometimes get jealous when I have my 2 year old mindie in the hols, but I have minded since he was 3, but its been a while since he had to share holidays with a LO.