PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for best products

Mookins
11-03-2010, 12:09 PM
am a newbie to all this but wondered if you minded if sharing your tips on wheres best to purchase things from...from toys to safety to prams etc...ive found a lot of stuff in argos but sometimes wonder whether its better to pay a bit more and get better quality after all its not my children:)

much appreciated

x x x

sandy64
11-03-2010, 12:51 PM
im sure argos are good quality things keep reciept then if you have any probs you can take it back, as for toys providing there safe etc you can have a good luck round ask friends to see if theyve any you can have.before long you will have plenty, dont forget your local resource library you can borrow for 6weeks great for bigger things.:)

ajs
11-03-2010, 01:32 PM
car boots and freecycle are great for getting stuff for the mindees
also watch out for links on here as our members are great at finding bargains

Mookins
11-03-2010, 01:40 PM
thanks will have another look through argos then...am linked with freecycle didnt consider them as wasnt sure about the whole safety part..with keep my eyes peeled

:)

HomefromHome
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
:D 99p store/homebargains/wilkinsons etc are good for art/craft and sometimes toys too! freecycle is a must - freecycle.org.uk -ebay good for bits too - got a lindam safety pack (door stoppers etc over 20 bits) on there for 99p! i got my gates off there and freecycle, 2nd hand buggies - i always go for the ones that grans/grandads have had - less use! also other childminders - i got a maclaren double (as new!) for £25. just always check stuff when you get it.

cas2805
11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Also Netmums, I just got a double buggy for £20. Alright, I had to buy a new rain cover (ebay £18) but still a bargain!

MacFi
11-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Not sure if every borough / council have one but we have this thing called work and play where you can go and get free arts and crafts things. Its a treasure trove and I was annoyed that I bought so much stuff and then found that as a childminder I could have got it here free.

jules j
18-03-2010, 12:38 PM
we have a scrapstore run by our local council and its great for arts and craft stuff ,plus its only £5.20 to join a year!,and you can get a black sack of goodies for £3, I get all my paper there:)