PDA

View Full Version : DS Blinking!

JemStar
11-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi
I was wondering if anyone else has seen / experienced this?
My ds is 19 months old and occasionally has been doing this weird blinking, they are long blinks and sometimes he even screws his face up while doing it. Its mainly when he is watching tv, if he's playing or doing something else I haven't seen him do it. May sound strange but I thought it may have something to do with his teething. He has all molars but hasn't got his canine ones and is definately teething at the moment. My mum had him yesterday and it was the first time she has seen him do it and got really panicky about it. Which now has started to make me panic.:panic: He's done it before, and when I think I'll keep an eye on it, it goes away again.
Any ideas???:idea:

Winnie
11-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I was waiting for someone more knowledgeable than me to answer but as no-one has answered yet...this could be absolutely nothing to worry about, he may well have just discovered he likes doing this, can you distract him when he is doing it? If not then I would go & talk to your GP and keep a diary of the time and length of his blinking to take along.

sfox2003
11-03-2010, 11:28 AM
My son does it. Theres no particular time he does it, although it is always at people never at the TV.

We just think its something he does - a quirk. Nothing to worry about.

Our son seems to do it affectionatley. He will smile & blink his eyes tight screwing up his face for a few seconds.

Not sure???? Sorry I cant be of more help.

Spangles
11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't know anything about this but if it were my child and I was worried I'd prob give my hv a quick ring or the opticians just to put my mind at ease.

x

amirose
11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Funny you should post this as I have a 6 year old mindee thats just started doing this.
Her mum is taking her to the optician to get her eyes checked, just to be on safe side, however I think its a quirk.
She seems to go through phases of doing very weird things. The most frustrating was when for months she made a noise with her throat - constantly :panic:

Alibali
11-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I agree, an eye test to check all is well.

WibbleWobble
11-03-2010, 01:28 PM
apparently i used to do this...but mum realised i was copying my uncle who had a nervous blink...no one in the family ever noticed his problem as he had always had it...

i was always an observant kid!

JemStar
11-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the replies, come to mention it there was a time when my OH thought it would be funny to make my ds do a funny blink, which we would all laugh at!!:blush: I'll keep a watchful eye over him this weekend and if he is still doing it I'll make an appointment to see the DR.

cuffleygirl
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM
My daughter did this about the time my son was born - she would have been 3 at the time it was little sessions of rapid blinks this phase lasted about 2 or 3 months and then went away as quickly as it started. - Odd.