PDA

View Full Version : help on planning and next steps

debbie
11-03-2010, 09:44 AM
help have a 4 year old who is very much into dinosaurs. dont know how to go planning for this as none of the others (all girls) like dinos. also how would i fit it in with the eyfs. he doesnt talk alot as english is a third langauge for him so also want to expand on this. also have a 14 month old who just likes pulling all toys out of boxes etc like most babies do any idea on planning for this. i do struggle with the planning and next steps as i like the children to decide on their play and join in when they ask.thanks

Karaza
11-03-2010, 10:49 AM
we have just started this as a topic sparklebox has some wonderful resources links to eyfs in every area off top of head hear are some activities

Physical development: stomp like dinosaur, dinosaur dances, play dough making tails, play dough eggs, play the bean game but as dinosaurs,

Creative: painting pictures, cereal dinosaur, dinosaur footprints,

Personal and social: Sharing dinosaurs,

Communication language and literacy: dinosaur songs,

Problem solving reasoning and numeracy: placing dinosaurs in order of size, recognising numerals on dinosaur footprints or eggs as on sparklebox

Knowledge and understanding of world: dinofun.com, treasure hunt for dinosaurs missing egg,