PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW????? AS OF MIDNIGHT 10/03/10

Trouble
11-03-2010, 12:39 AM
That you can google map anywhere in the uk and you can see any house or building:angry: :angry: :angry:

I have just looked up my house and you can see everything:angry: im pleased theres a hedge infront of my front window:panic:

They have blurred 2 of our car registration numbers but the gate posts hiding the other:angry:

I dont agree with this as people can look you up and tell if your away:angry:

DO YOU AGREE?????e

Blaze
11-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Do you meet street view? I've just looked up mine & it's a good few months out of date (I've had work done on the front of my house, so it's different now).

singlewiththree
11-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Mine is way out of date it has me ex's trailer on it and thats been gone since last summer

sonia ann
11-03-2010, 06:56 AM
according to mine someones stolen my conservatory:laughing:

Blackhorse
11-03-2010, 07:15 AM
our house has been on there for quite some time....
but so is everyone else's......
I personally don't worry about it

peanuts
11-03-2010, 07:19 AM
ive just checked, before i could see the front of my house, but the view now you only see the street, but if you put in the next street and move it over the park, you can see the front of my house just.

daisyboo1980
11-03-2010, 07:20 AM
just looked at mine alovely view of 2 large trees in full bloom, you can just abt see my house

charleyfarley
11-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Daz has been on it and our house has been on it for some time. Reminds me, we need to do a tip run :blush:

I've just had a look and it's really out of date, it's really sunny so must be last summer :D
Carol xx

angeldelight
11-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Our house was on last year

We also saw our daughter in law outside her house with her face blurred :laughing:

Angel xx

estrelas
11-03-2010, 07:34 AM
oh my word!!!!

Just done mine and the front door is wide open :panic: , and the garden is in a total mess, looks like it was last autum ish as my gazebo had collapsed out the front :eek:

Goodness me :laughing:

Mouse
11-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Our house was on last year sometime. DD loves it as she & her friend are playing in the front garden!

It doesn't worry me. Anyone can walk/drive past my house & see exactly the same thing, but up to date & in real life!

angeldelight
11-03-2010, 07:39 AM

DO YOU AGREE?????e

How would anyone know if you were away ??

I think most of the pictures are old anyway unless they are keeping them up to date now?

Angel xx

estrelas
11-03-2010, 07:45 AM
How would anyone know if you were away ??

I think most of the pictures are old anyway unless they are keeping them up to date now?

Angel xx

No mine is last sept/ oct ish so they are old ones
Theres no way they could keep them up to date is there? We'd all need cameras on our house :panic: :laughing:

angeldelight
11-03-2010, 07:46 AM
No mine is last sept/ oct ish so they are old ones
Theres no way they could keep them up to date is there? We'd all need cameras on our house :panic: :laughing:

Thats what I thought

So no one would know if you were at home or not then ?

Angel xx

estrelas
11-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Thats what I thought

So no one would know if you were at home or not then ?

Angel xx

i wouldn't have thought so

miffy
11-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Just checked mine and it is very out of date - we don't have the car that's on the drive any more. The one on the street, which is ours, has the number plate blurred.

My goodness my windows look filthy though! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Mollymop
11-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Do u mean streetview??! A year ago my son, on his way home from school saw the google street view car go past him really slow with ariels and cameras all over it! I wonder if he will be caught running down my street?!

As for the normal google - mine is out of date, years outta date - we weren't even here then - but the funny thing is over the other side of town it is up to date - including our old house, so we don't live anywhere - I don't exist!!:eek: :eek:

I'm going to check it out x

angeldelight
11-03-2010, 07:57 AM
, so we don't live anywhere - I don't exist!!:eek: :eek:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mollymop
11-03-2010, 07:58 AM
I don't think people can look you up and see if you are away trouble, as it will never change - they took the pictures on that day and so it stays the same ifswim

Mollymop
11-03-2010, 08:03 AM
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:laughing: :laughing:

trust them to come and take photos when my front garden needed mowing the horrible google people!!

My front garden is full of weeds :eek: :eek: it looks a mess!! lol

Pm me of you want my address and then you can have a look! lol

kindredspirits
11-03-2010, 08:32 AM
my husband will be pleased - ours has got the beetle on the drive that we sold last year - he misses that car and is currently in the process of trying to get another one :rolleyes:

kindredspirits
11-03-2010, 08:34 AM
whoops that was a huge oversight on google's behalf - i've just zoomed in on the beetle and the number plate isn't blurred at all because its a black and silver one not a yellow one! :eek: :rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
11-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Do u mean streetview??! A year ago my son, on his way home from school saw the google street view car go past him really slow with ariels and cameras all over it! I wonder if he will be caught running down my street?!

As for the normal google - mine is out of date, years outta date - we weren't even here then - but the funny thing is over the other side of town it is up to date - including our old house, so we don't live anywhere - I don't exist!!:eek: :eek:

i saw this van too :thumbsup:

our pic is an old one of our house

Winnie
11-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Just checked out ours, i love it :jump for joy: its from last Spring and the road looks so pretty.

Pudding Girl
11-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I can't find out how to do it :blush: help!

LOOPYLISA
11-03-2010, 09:19 AM
I can't find out how to do it :blush: help!

Google maps uk :thumbsup: type in your address

Pudding Girl
11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
It's just a map though, I can't see any streeviews?

LOOPYLISA
11-03-2010, 09:33 AM
It's just a map though, I can't see any streeviews?

To the side there is a + and - just click and it will zoom in and out :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
11-03-2010, 09:43 AM
i think our street was one of the last to be done....but thank god i opened the blinds!!! (and they are straight too):blush:

maryp0ppins
11-03-2010, 10:55 AM
That you can google map anywhere in the uk and you can see any house or building:angry: :angry: :angry:

I have just looked up my house and you can see everything:angry: im pleased theres a hedge infront of my front window:panic:

They have blurred 2 of our car registration numbers but the gate posts hiding the other:angry:

DO YOU AGREE?????e

my dds found ours a while ago & its really old. Had my old car on the drive & in the back garden i had the paddling pool out with one of them running slides up to it & a blow up goal & toys.....looked like my house was the funnest house on the street :)

Dare4Distance
11-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I just found me and my dog on Street View :laughing:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2789/4423939151_252a62fb91_o.png

maisiemog
11-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Ours is at least 6 months out of date. Its got our old curtains in the front bedroom and we decorated in Sept. Its sunny so i reckon its probably last summer. My garden looks a mess lol!

Beckieboo
11-03-2010, 12:47 PM
:panic: My garden is stony and weedy!! It has a lovely lawn now! I have no front gate, paint is chipped of the front, it looks a sight!:angry:
I have worked out this was last spring, as i did all my outdoor jobs just before last May knowing my chilminding certificate was imminent!!

Do you think they will come and retake my pictures if i ask them?? :laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
11-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Mine has been done since last july cos it has our new car on it!

Spangles
11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
How do you do it?

I could keep an eye on the house we rent out which is 1.5 hours away from us!!!!

CAZMCA
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
can't see my house on there but can't be that up to date as the houses that were built 2 years ago are still in foundation stage. whats the point of it anyway?

CAZMCA
11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
can't see my house on there but can't be that up to date as the houses that were built 2 years ago are still in foundation stage. whats the point of it anyway?

ok so i didn't realise you can go to every house on the street! and if you zoom in you can see inside. thank god i had my curtains closed!

mama2three
11-03-2010, 02:09 PM
mines better than it could have been! no kids stuff all over the front , and must have been last summer as the planters are full and flowery! does show how wonky the guttering is though!!

nannysue
11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
OMG ......... i can't believe they did it on the one day that we had dismantled an old leanto, and that and all the contents are all over the drive waiting to go on the trailer for a tip run !!!!!!! The front of my house looks like Steptoe's yard :eek: :laughing:

Pudding Girl
11-03-2010, 02:25 PM
How do you do it?

I could keep an eye on the house we rent out which is 1.5 hours away from us!!!!

it's a one off thing taken a year or two ago though, not a constant thing, how could google do that, have a acamera trained on every house in the uk at all times?

I worked out how to do it thanks, you have to drag your wee yellow dude across and plant him on the street, I've been "walking" all over town LOL exhausted ;)

Bushpig
11-03-2010, 02:31 PM
My hubby's actually on one of the views near Oxford Street in London.... hehe... he's walking down to his office, with a newspaper under his arm. He saw the funny looking camera on the car coming down the road so thought he might be on... and he is. :laughing:

Annie_T
11-03-2010, 06:27 PM

DO YOU AGREE?????e

its not an upto date picture
hun need not worry.

i did mine and my car is outside drive and our offroader is in drive (we got rid of that year ago (give or take few months/weeks)

its actually intresting to look at how it works - i feel sorry for person who had do all the pictures etc as took ages

snufflepuff
11-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Hehe! ours was done on a tuesday, our recyling box is out on the path! and we must be out as our car isn't there. this is clever!

beccas
11-03-2010, 07:51 PM
oures was a monday its funni i did my mums street and theres 2 people on there who i know walking down it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Amaranth
11-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Of all the times they chose to take the pics, my house looks a right mess!! :panic:
My pic was taken nearly 2 years ago because it was while we were digging up the back garden and putting a deck in it's place. The timber for the deck is all down the side of the house along with a mini digger, my old garage door, loads of rubble, some old toys and all my bins! My house also looks like steptoe has paid a visit! :eek:
I went for a 'walk' around the village too and found some people I knew who were taking a walk. Gonna ask them at school tomorrow if they know they are on there!

Spangles
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know what the point of it is? I can't see any other than the initial 'ooh that's my house!' thrill! It must have cost a fortune to do and for no apparent reason!?????

Rasharoon
12-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I've tried looking for where I live but there is nothing. It brings up a road around the corner. I am tucked away so they don't seem to have found me yet.

Daddy Day Care
12-03-2010, 03:56 PM
our house wasnt on there a couple of months ago but it is now, yet the picture is at least a year old, the garden is full of flowers, it looks about 2 years old to me but not totally sure.

Cazz
12-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I worked out how to do it thanks, you have to drag your wee yellow dude across and plant him on the street, I've been "walking" all over town LOL exhausted ;)

Lol! I think I'll have a "walk" round my town in a little while, then I can have a chocolate bar as I've done some exercise!! :D

shellib
21-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Just typed in my post code and it looks like it's a few months out of date , I can see half the face of my neighbours little boy though :censored:

PixiePetal
21-03-2010, 12:38 PM
my old house was def done on a wednesday, recycling is out.:laughing: dustbin rubbish has gone though and all the cars have gone so late morning one spring I would say, going by the flowers in the garden.

Looked up new house and it was when we were preparing the garden for grass seeding so DH could prob date and time it :laughing:

'went' to my mums - the postman is posting something in her door! :D

Where to go next ??

I am a bit of a map 'anorak' so love it:thumbsup:

sillysausage
21-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Ours is about a year old as there are daffodils in the gardens and no leaves on the trees. I'm in, as you can see me bending over (in profile) when you zoom in on the front room (:eek:, though it's too dark to see much). Not sure what day it is though, must be early in the week as DS's football kit is on the washing line lol!

Just googled a friends address and she's obviously just got back from shopping, as her car is in the drive with the boot open and shopping bags on the ground and by the front door.

babs
21-03-2010, 05:08 PM
ive just done mine u can see right in my living room window ..... thats scarey to think someone cud be looking at u .... hubbys just asked me why im packed in his space:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: