PDA

View Full Version : Can people quickly share their easter planning ideas with me please

Fabby
10-03-2010, 10:11 PM
I have a 20 month starting and would love to know what you guys have got planned for easter planning if you would kindly share with me and show off your ideas!!!:D

hello kitty
11-03-2010, 07:58 AM
What have you got planned?

mama2three
11-03-2010, 08:22 AM
our local farm park reopens at easter so well be looking at baby animals , easter is all about rebirth !
Ill mix polystyrene egg shapes on with the balls for rolling etc.
we'll make 'boil in the bag omelettes'
sorry thats about as far as ive got so far!!

caz3007
11-03-2010, 12:38 PM
What are boil in the bag omelettes. Are they the ones that all ready cooked and you just heat

sandy64
11-03-2010, 12:46 PM
hi we will do egg hunt then count how many, making bunny biscuits, hop like rabbits, stories about easter, lots of crafts, decorating pics of eggs,chicks lambs, cards, baskets for mummys with little eggs, then we have a rabbit visiting us as the lo have talked about rabbits,will look on internet with lo to find things about rabbits. :laughing:

mama2three
11-03-2010, 01:35 PM
What are boil in the bag omelettes. Are they the ones that all ready cooked and you just heat

they were a link on here , but cant remember which thread.
basically use a ziplock sandwich bag , let the kids break in the eggs ( or you do that bit) then add handfuls of cheese , sweetcorn , whatever you / they fancy in it ; zip it up , let them squish it all around til mixed , then drop in a pan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes and it rolls out like a perfect omelette. at least thats the idea!!

miffy
11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
they were a link on here , but cant remember which thread.
basically use a ziplock sandwich bag , let the kids break in the eggs ( or you do that bit) then add handfuls of cheese , sweetcorn , whatever you / they fancy in it ; zip it up , let them squish it all around til mixed , then drop in a pan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes and it rolls out like a perfect omelette. at least thats the idea!!

Sounds great - if it works - bit of a mess if it doesn't! :laughing:

Miffy xx

mama2three
11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
will let you know!

miffy
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
will let you know!

Oh good! You go first! :D :laughing:

Miffy xx

katickles
11-03-2010, 01:59 PM
We will be making cards & decorating polystyrene eggs. I have an easter egg hunt planned where I will give them simple clues.

Going to get the messy tray out & put straw in & hide baby chicks for them to find.

Then some baking of some sort :D

miffy
11-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Going to get the messy tray out & put straw in & hide baby chicks for them to find.

I love that idea - sorry pinching right now :D :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
we will colour eggs for easter
some baking
some kind of easter egg hunt
arts and crafts around chicks and bunnies
trip to the country life museum and working farm for new baby animals
stories

like the omelet in a bag idea...might do that too...:blush:

mama2three
11-03-2010, 02:11 PM
we will colour eggs for easter
some baking
some kind of easter egg hunt
arts and crafts around chicks and bunnies
trip to the country life museum and working farm for new baby animals
stories

like the omelet in a bag idea...might do that too...:blush:

do you want to go first then ??:laughing:

Blackhorse
11-03-2010, 02:15 PM

haha...why not...I am sure it will work...
only need to get some zip block bags first...

Hebs
11-03-2010, 02:23 PM
We are.....

Decorating easter eggs
Making easter nests,
Making chicken or rabbit masks
Visiting local farm
And keeping a dairy of the chickens we are getting for the easter holidays, documenting every day from when they arrive as eggs to leaving as chickens!
Can't wait x

miffy
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Oh are you chickening out? :rolleyes: :laughing:

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Going to Egypt so not much!

miffy
11-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Going to Egypt so not much!

Show off! :p ;)

Miffy xx

mama2three
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
sorry antpop for sabotaging the thread.
well as im having a lazy child free afternoon and dont have any paperwork to catch up on ( for once!!) I have just had a go at the omelettes, just the eggs and a bit of milk - no added stuff. the bag works well , probably better getting a decent brand if you want to avoid the melting plastic flavoured omelettes! the littlies would love the squishing up bit ( thats the technical term!) i left mine in the boiling water for 5 mins and its has come out really well. and to be fair the only washing up is the plate!! ( well do you really need to wash a pan thats just been boiling water!)
So mama the brave took the first step on your behalves and it was a success!! not tasted it yet though - how many ww points??

miffy
11-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Now I am very impressed with that!

Not only were you brave enough to have the first go but you have a zip-lock bag handy!!!!!

I'm glad it works though - just wish I'd have found out before I bought an omelette maker from Lakeland :rolleyes: :laughing:

Miffy xx

mama2three
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
to be fair i was surprised when i had eggs never mind the bag!

sandy64
11-03-2010, 03:01 PM
silly question whats a zip like bag is it a sandwich bag:blush:

caz3007
11-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Adds Ziplock bags to my shopping list, will try the omelette idea, as one of my mindies is really fussy, so thought perhaps something he had made for lunch himself may get him eating.

Picked up some Easter bits in Morrisons the other day on 3 4 2, so have some sticky foam shapes and something else I cant remember, I did allow DS to choose something for himself :)

We used to have lambs in a field that I can walk to, but someone said the farmer lost loads last year to dogs and foxes, so they may not be there, which will be such a shame.

Fabby
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Theya ll sound like fab ideas and will be pinching them!! :laughing:

angiemog
24-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I went to a 99p store and bought loads of stuff. Easter cards to stick bits to, egg hunt matching game, empty eggs for our egg hunt, baby chicks, easter themed masks to decorate, clear plastic decs to paint... plus a few other bits and pieces. Hoping that will last all of next week.
We are also in the process of making my 1st work of art!!! Its going to be a spring picture. So far we have sponge painted the grass (its a long piece of wall paper) added some card crocuses and we will be doing, sponge painting the sky, my 4 yrs mindee cutting out some clouds, daffs made from an egg box, a tree with popcorn (blossom) stuck to it, little cotton wool sheep... thats it for now. Oh and some little birds. Am looking forward to seeing it finished. Plus I have a ton of other craft activities that I've searched on here and found. Also lots of trips out and about to farms and zoo's to look at baby animals. I AM LOVING THE SUNSHINE. x

dlissaman
24-03-2010, 10:43 PM
The eggs in the zip lock bags seems to to an interesting idea, however sorry to be a party pooper, but, the cancer link to plastic packaging springs to mind.

There is a lot of research on this subject too many for me to list but worth googeling.

angiemog
25-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I love that idea - sorry pinching right now :D :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

I've stolen it too, only I've sent my friend to get the easter grass from the £1 shop today. Got yellow, green and pink. Thought yellow could be straw for my baby chicks, green grass for my dinosaur day later on in the year and farm animals..... and pink, well no idea, valentines?? just had to have each colour they had... lolx