PDA

View Full Version : Activity Planning...Unsure??

RachelG
10-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi,

For my pre-reg course I need to Plan an activity for any child of any age and have to complete the following questions:

Using they EYFS non-statutory guidance, identify the area of learning and development the activity will cover for the age and stage of the child.

Describe how you will undertake the activity and the resources you will use to support the child.

How will you extend the activity to move the child on in their development.

How would you adapt the activity for a child with additional needs/Impairment.

I get really stumped with planning an activity and wondered if you could offer some advise on how to link an activity to the EYFS.

Thanks, Rachel

sarah707
10-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi,

For my pre-reg course I need to Plan an activity for any child of any age and have to complete the following questions:

Using they EYFS non-statutory guidance, identify the area of learning and development the activity will cover for the age and stage of the child.

Make up a pretend child at a pretend age

Read the Eyfs ages and stages information for the child's age and look at the advice bits for the kinds of activities the child might enjoy

Describe how you will undertake the activity and the resources you will use to support the child.

Decide what activity you are going to plan

EG John is age 2 and likes getting messy so you are planning a messy play activity

This meets the Eyfs ages and stages information for age 2... and quote the bit

Your messy play activity will be... bubble bath in sand to make sand mousse

Your resources will be ... sand tray, bubble bath (check ingredients for allergies, sand....

How will you extend the activity to move the child on in their development.

Give the child sand pencils, sticks etc to use in the sand

How would you adapt the activity for a child with additional needs/Impairment.

The sand table can be raised to meet the needs of a child who cannot play on the floor

I get really stumped with planning an activity and wondered if you could offer some advise on how to link an activity to the EYFS.

Thanks, Rachel

Does that help? :D

RachelG
12-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Thank You Sarah.....I was just unsure on the questions. You've been a great help. Thank you.