PDA

View Full Version : Will ofstead accept this for Planning

tori4
10-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi
I have come across books, magazine articles and other resources. That suggested what you may need for an activity etc and how it links to the EYFS.

Will ofstead accpet these as my planning or does it have to be all my own work? Cause I just woffle and get into a tis abt it. I read these books and other peoples comments/examples and it sounds grt but when I come to put pen to paper it just doesnt work. I know I may have to amend an actiivty for a particular child but as 'long term' planning is this ok?

Does EO have a file of pre planned activties stored pull them out the night b4 or but a note next to day diary saying see file B section 2 for planning sheet for activity 'seed growing'?

Or does EO re-plan, link to eyfs and amend every evening?

Am I epected to have a planning sheet attached to every toy showing how they/it links to the eyfs?

P.S How can ofstead say planning and obs can be do on a sticky note when there is so much to say/write........ I hate planning and obs, I enjoy playing and caring for the children.

Bitsy Beans
12-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Now I can't comment as to whether I am doing this right but when I was inspected I had just started my planning. All I do is take an A4 sheet of paper and write down the major dates for the month. Then take each area of learning for the individual child and write next to that the adult led activity I am planning to do with said child to cover this. Sometimes some of the planning I write up is retrospective as in I didn't plan it but it fits the planning IYSWIM.
HTH

sarah707
12-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Ofsted are looking for an overview of how you keep children busy and active and engaged and challenged.

Most inspectors do not worry about the format you use so long as there is clear evidence of planning for the unique child.

So while long term planning is important for older children to show you are supporting them to learn about the world around us, follow their interests etc...

Short term individual planning is the most important thing to get right!!

I have a combination of ideas from magazines, things I have researched, ideas I have been given from other people... it builds up into a useful resource file which I can use time and again when children's interests change.

The most important is that I can show how I am meeting the child's needs with all of this paperwork.

hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I think that you need to use them as a foundation but you also need to show that you are planning for each child and their interests, so just add on a bit more during the week.