PDA

View Full Version : Our mother's day cards

christine e
09-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Hi

Someone here suggested doing a flower with 'I love mummy because...' in the middle and then on each petal write what the little said, well we did this and I made the petals heart shaped, one child said becuase her mum made her breakfast, then her dinner, baked cakes,took her on picnics. With a bit of encouragement we managed to get away from food and have things like 'cos she's a princess'. next child came up with some lovely comments like 'cos the kises me' but then we had 'cos she wipes my bum'. Anyway I wrote them all down and i think the mums are going to love them!

Thanks to the member who suggested this (sorry can't remember who it was)

Cx

miffy
09-03-2010, 10:18 PM
That's wierd - we've done something similar today - it was from an old Creative Steps magazine.

We made flowers and wrote "my mummy ......." in the middle and whatever the children said on the petals.

Like the idea of heart shape petals though!

Miffy xx

christine e
10-03-2010, 09:21 AM
That's wierd - we've done something similar today - it was from an old Creative Steps magazine.

We made flowers and wrote "my mummy ......." in the middle and whatever the children said on the petals.

Like the idea of heart shape petals though!

Miffy xx

Hi Miffy

Great minds think alike hey!!!!!

The heard shaped petals looked really good

Cx

Cazz
10-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I had read about this but my mindees are all too young to give ideas. (Well I do have a 4 year old mindee but she's very shy and I know it would have been me giving her all the ideas which defeats the object!)

I'm going to make a note in my planning ideas folder for next year when hopefully I'll have some slightly older children.

Your flowers with the heart petals sound lovely - I'd be so chuffed to receive one so hopefully your mum's will be too.