PDA

View Full Version : safeguarding

mamasheshe
09-03-2010, 11:10 AM
went to a eyfs seminar yesterday and one of the talks was on safeguarding, the headmistress was from a school and said the local police tell her if any of her parents are on the local sex offenders register, also the police contact her if they think their is a local person who is a threat to children in anyway they contact her.Just wondered if they would do this for us I've never heard of it before. Also do we automatically get told if one of the children is on the at risk list ?? I assumed we would but do we ??

Pipsqueak
09-03-2010, 11:23 AM
No its not automatic that we get told that a child is on the at risk or has a CP. And no we don't get told/alerts about sex offenders.

There is a scheme whereby parents/carers can ask the police to check in their local area or specific people but this comes with conditions.
You have to have a valid reason for asking
You are bound by confidentiality if you are told anything - that means you cannot share the information with ANYONE (not even your other half)- otherwise you can be prosecuted.

I cannot remember if the scheme is still in the pilot stages in certain areas or if its now being rolled out across the country.

mamasheshe
09-03-2010, 11:43 AM
the head that was did the talk said the police tell her what car the person could be driving and she informs her staff to get them to keep an eye out.

Minstrel
09-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Maybe this is area specific but I get alerts about 'local people of interest'.

They're not just sex offenders but people of concern that they think we need to be aware of.

mamasheshe
10-03-2010, 07:55 PM

They're not just sex offenders but people of concern that they think we need to be aware of.

how did you do this??

mamasheshe
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM

is your hubby made aware of people of interest and is he allowed to share or is that a massive NO :blush: :blush:

Minstrel
10-03-2010, 08:36 PM
is your hubby made aware of people of interest and is he allowed to share or is that a massive NO :blush: :blush:

my hubby? why do you know his job?

I don't know how I get them - just the Early Years team send us letters and 'updates'.