PDA

View Full Version : my first obs

CAZMCA
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
hi i have done my first obs today and was a little unsure what to put on my next steps, any help would be greatfully received.......

O (7 Months) was playing on the play mat for a few mins. Shes plays (rattles and shakes) some toys and accidently catches a musical sheep, causing the music to play. She pulls the sheep to her and explores the other buttons on the sheep. she pushes the on button on again to start the music and responds to my praise by waving her hands with excitement.

she shows her discomfort by reaching out to me to be picked up and snuggles in for a cuddle

now i have my links to eyfs but not sure what to put as my next steps.....

zillervalley
08-03-2010, 10:24 PM
must admit i stuggle too

CAZMCA
09-03-2010, 08:14 AM
i thought it'd be easy with a baby but omg is it hard work!

suez
09-03-2010, 08:18 AM
hi, i was told to use the next steps from the practical guidance book x

CAZMCA
09-03-2010, 09:17 AM
hi, i was told to use the next steps from the practical guidance book x

which heading would the next steps come under in the book? i'm having a dumb day lol

caz3007
09-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Went on a course a couple of weeks ago and the tutor did say you dont have to have a next steps for every obs, it could just say repeat activity. But I would consider other things that your LO can push and pull. There are lots of activity centre types of toys for LO's

Straws
09-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd put it under KUW, ICT- showing an interest in toys with technology, next steps provide battery operated toys.

Straws xx

CAZMCA
09-03-2010, 10:52 AM
thanks straws you have just confirmed what i was coming round to thinking :D