PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy bunny!!!

shelly03
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi Im sorry to share this with you but i have had my first inspection today and really unhappy with outcome. I have worked in an "outstanding" nursery for last 4 years, well up on EYFS and was hoping to get a good, However I was put through my paces today. The Ofsted Lady was so critical Im actually still reeling. she came into kitchen and inspected lo left overs, Told me potato cakes are processed foods and bagels are high in salt. I have taken down stairgate as mindees are over 3 and it was more of a hazard. She said thats ok but i should have wrote a review. My risk assessments need to be looked at with more detail. (I have used examples from previous work and my icp course). I shot myself in the foot because daily diary had a note in about medicine given(antibiotic) I have written permission and signature from parent but need seperate one to say i have given it to her.

However on the brighter side she was impressed with my EYFS knowledge and room set up. She also was impressed with observations and planning. But found it necessary to give me a SATISFACTORY.

she also didnt want to see SEF just told me to submit it.

I think I was extremely unlucky anybody else had similar experience as i feel so disheartened now.

Trouble
08-03-2010, 09:53 PM
she wasnt called val ..... was she???

you can complain, to see if you can change it

little miss chatterbox
08-03-2010, 09:55 PM
awwwww you poor thing. I am so sorry you've had such a negative experience. It does sound like she was overly critical.

Your grading is still excellent and hopefully once you are over the disappointment it wont hurt so much. However, when you get your report, if you feel hard done by make sure you challenge it.

Sending you hugs and congratulations on getting through it and getting what is still a very good grade.

Pipsqueak
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
or called L**** lol

I am sorry you have had such a tough time of it. Some inspectors are so critical and think they work to their own agenda at times.

If you are not happy you could appeal. Wait and see what the report reads like and make your decision.

Winnie
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Oh thats mean :( Well i think you should phone and ask her to please read your submitted SEF before writing her report, if she refuses then ask to speak to the area manager because it should be taken into account. When the report arrives if there is anything you feel is inaccurate or you dont like the wording then write straight away to appeal and get it changed. I'm not sure you will get the grading changed though :(

Twinkles
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
It's just so unfair ! It's a flippin' lottery as to who you get and what mood they're in that day.

~Chelle~
09-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Cannot believe that she didnt want to see the SEF! Mine asked me to submit it before my inspection so that she could look at it before she came.

I would seriously think about complaining. I have said it before that if you get an inspector who is in a foul mood, they take it out on the people they inspect!!

Dont be disheartened though, as long as you feel you are doing a good job and the parents and kids are happy, that is all that matters x

geordiebunny
13-03-2010, 10:26 PM
aww see you have me worried now as you show as being in the north west :panic:
my friend had hers on friday with same inspector she stayed for 3 hours am bricking it as just checked answer machine and she wants to try and fit me in this week :panic:
go with everyone elses advice am really surprised about the sef though I thought the wanted to see that before or during inspection

sophiestars
14-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Awww you poor thing. It was very unfair of her to make you feel so criticised.
In fact I think the whole inspection system is completely unfair and inconsistent.

Our grading for the next 3 years is totally dependent on one persons personal opinion and they all seem to have their own areas they like to pick on. I think all inspections should be done by 2 people (even though it would probably be worse for us at the time!!) so at least they can discuss it between them and come to a fairer conclusion. I have heard so many inconsistencies with people being told completely contradictory things. I don't know how they get away with it!

Hopefully when you read your report it will show all the good things you are doing, and like others have said all that matters is that the parents and children are happy with you.

miffy
15-03-2010, 07:54 AM
It's just so unfair ! It's a flippin' lottery as to who you get and what mood they're in that day.

Exactly!

Do as Pip suggests and wait until you see your report then decide if you want to appeal.

Miffy xx

wendywu
15-03-2010, 08:04 AM
aww see you have me worried now as you show as being in the north west :panic:
my friend had hers on friday with same inspector she stayed for 3 hours am bricking it as just checked answer machine and she wants to try and fit me in this week :panic:
go with everyone elses advice am really surprised about the sef though I thought the wanted to see that before or during inspection[QUOTE]

If you feel she is being unjust and unfair you are within your rights to stop the inspection. You do not have to feel harassed in your own home:angry:

charliegee
17-03-2010, 11:20 PM
aw you poor thing - yes, not fair that you are made to feel like that in your own home. I'm sorry but your inspection does sound very very harsh - especially when they haven't read your SEF.

I'd def be complaining. Perhaps read the report - and respond to areas you found unfair with reference to your SEF?

X