PDA

View Full Version : Bless him

Debbieanne
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I have a very bright, 5 yr old mindee, and today sat next to me, he said "i know what pregnant means" do you i asked " yes, it means you have a baby in your tummy" yes thats right i said. then he asked the 6 million dollar question " how does the baby get there?". :blush:

sarah707
08-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Good question! Shall we mention it to mummy when she comes... where did I put the playdough, can you remember? :laughing: :D

mamasheshe
08-03-2010, 07:36 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: noo the dreaded question . my 4 year old dd asked me how do babies get in their i said i don't know "how do you think it gets in their?" she said that she "wasn't sure but she knows her friend had to be cut out" (which is true ) so i said yep she did didn't she quick change the subject. I'm a coward i know!!:blush: :blush:

Debbieanne
08-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Good question! Shall we mention it to mummy when she comes... where did I put the playdough, can you remember? :laughing: :D

Good answer!!

mamasheshe
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
does anyone answer honestly (to their own kids under six) don't think it's our place to tell mindees :panic:

Pipsqueak
09-03-2010, 11:28 AM
does anyone answer honestly (to their own kids under six) don't think it's our place to tell mindees :panic:

No I would not talk to children about this unless I had consulted with parents first and found out their line on it.

I have always answered honestly to my own children - but age appropriately and now eldest is doing sex-ed at school he joked that he could have some free lessons as he already knows all about it!

mamasheshe
09-03-2010, 11:53 AM
No I would not talk to children about this unless I had consulted with parents first and found out their line on it.

I have always answered honestly to my own children - but age appropriately and now eldest is doing sex-ed at school he joked that he could have some free lessons as he already knows all about it!

what do you tell a four year old if you don't mind me asking?:blush: not sure if the "planting seed" story is going to be enough explanation for her think it may cause more question asking!