PDA

View Full Version : questions- sorry!!

SJ35
08-03-2010, 01:02 PM
hi
we have a decent sized conservatory on our house BUT there is no heating in there. It has a tiled floor too so not overly warm in there at the moment. I was planning to put down a large rug on the floor,

could i use an electric heater if it was safe and the kids couldn't touch it?

i am planning to use my dining room too for childminding and then keep our lounge off limits as far as possible.

Also would it be ok to have our bedrooms off limits too? not mine so much but my 9 year old daughter will need her own space!!:)

Stace x x x

Pipsqueak
08-03-2010, 01:41 PM
As to the heating arrangement - so long as you have RA'd it and ensured that its safe then I can't see a problem with

re the space - its up to you if you do or don't register the upstairs. Even if you do register it there is nothing to say you have to let the mindees use it. I have upstairs registered for the moment but they never go up there - that is my own childrens space.

caz3007
08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
When I registered pre EYFS, my inspector registered the whole house and garden, but I only really use 1 room plus the kitchen, the garden and any small ones sleep in a travel cot in my sons bedroom or lounge depending on the child. It was usefull having the whole house registered to give the flexibility but only older after schoolies are allowed in sons bedroom and thats by invite only, but if he takes someone up there, he isnt allowed to say yes one but not another. Its always worked for us

Debbieanne
08-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I think a conservatory is a great space to use for the children.
If you have electricity in there, a panel heater would be a good idea for heating, have a look on ebay!:)

~Chelle~
08-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I have a conservatory and have an electric heater mounted on the wall in there. I have risk assessed it but only really put it on for a while in the morning and then after school as it gets really warm in there.

Ofsted didnt mention it when I was inspected, so I shouldnt think that it would be a problem.

SJ35
08-03-2010, 08:48 PM
thanks so much
i can't wait til i can start minding!! have so much to do though. my garden is a jungle!! oh well hubby has to be useful for something lol!- might lock him in the garden til its done :)
Stace x x x

~Chelle~
09-03-2010, 06:54 PM
thanks so much
i can't wait til i can start minding!! have so much to do though. my garden is a jungle!! oh well hubby has to be useful for something lol!- might lock him in the garden til its done :)
Stace x x x

Good luck with that lol x