PDA

View Full Version : S.A.D

Hebs
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
i definatly have this disorder, cos the sun is shining, washing is out on the line :eek: and i feel on top of the world :clapping:

whoop summer is coming :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Tink
08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh I hope so, it's been a very long winter.

I love waking up to the sunshine:cool:

Hebs
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh I hope so, it's been a very long winter.

I love waking up to the sunshine:cool:

hasn't it just, very long, very dark and very very cold :mad:

wooohooooooo

summer's on it's way!!

:clapping:

LOOPYLISA
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Can't wait for summer :clapping:

Sandles, floaty skirts, linen trousers, sunglasses, suncream smell :clapping:

Princess Sara
08-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I always feel quite down over the dark winter months, lethargic, don't want to do anything etc.

Today, N came to me with sunglasses on! The curtains are in the washing machine, the feather duster came out (much to N's delight! He chases the feathers) and there's a bag of compost in the garden waiting for my carrot seeds! I love Spring more than a lot of people will ever realise.

TheBTeam
08-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Dh has it too, I dont, I just have the side effects of him having it!

Paws
09-03-2010, 10:32 AM
suncream smell :clapping:

Ahhhh, you can't beat that smell. I sometimes even open mine and sniff it in the winter to remind me of long, hot sunny days!

:blush:

Tatia
09-03-2010, 06:03 PM
There's a lot more to SAD than just feeling low during the winter and perking up with a bit of sunshine. When I was diagnosed, there were a host of other issues going on at the same time that I'd never have attributed to SAD, very physical symptoms that I never dreamt could be connected. I had tons of tests done to rule out physiological causes.

If you honestly think you have it then you need to go to the doctor for a diagnosis and proper treatment. Suffering the winter blues is very common and miserable but the actual disorder can dominate your life unless properly treated.