PDA

View Full Version : Aaargh - first mindee was due to start today!

skytvaddict
08-03-2010, 11:04 AM
She is ill with D&V and has been in hospital all weekend! :ohdear: Not sure when I will see her? Contracts were exchanged and paid for a month in advance last week but:-

1. My youngest had D&V the week before and I had to cancel their first visit on the Thursday. They came last Monday instead. I am sure he was better and I had cleaned what I thought he had touched with antibac stuff but I still feel responsible.

2. Shall I refund them some money for goodwill even though contract says payment in full for child's illness? I suppose if I did it would be admitting I thought she had got it from here.

Aaargh!

Pipsqueak
08-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Right not your fault so don't blame yourself. Illness happens.

And no i would not refund anything - just keep open communication and tell parents that the space is there waiting for when LO gets well enough to start with you

Ripeberry
08-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Just stay in touch with them, don't refund anything. I know it sounds harsh but if your policy says that fees have to be paid for child's illness, then do so.
Maybe get the child a little present for when he/she gets better :)
Don't worry about not having anti-bac everything. I've used up two bottles last week and we still all managed to catch it.
It's everywhere this winter and there is a nasty cough going around as well :(