PDA

View Full Version : Bread Makers

patevans
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Been looking at breadmakers and found this one, does anyone have it?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4234652/Trail/searchtext%3EBREAD+MAKER.htm

Blackhorse
07-03-2010, 01:00 PM
I had a morphy richards before but it was a different model. I was happy with it though!

ajs
07-03-2010, 01:08 PM
MINE ISN'T A MORPHY RICHARDS BUT A COOKWORKS ONE ( oops sorry)
but looks identical to that one and mine is so easy to use

be aware though the bread is so delicious you will loads more and especially with tons of butter and jam yumyum

patevans
07-03-2010, 01:15 PM

be aware though the bread is so delicious you will loads more and especially with tons of butter and jam yumyum

I want one thats easy to use because I am rubbish at things like this :blush: :blush: dont suppose you have a link to it do you?

PixiePetal
07-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Mine is Morphy Richards but bit different.

Really easy. Put stuff in and turn on! The 1 hour timer seems to turn out the same or better bread than the longer timer :)

I stick to basic bread recipe but did use it to make pizza dough to make our own pizzas last week and they were lovely:thumbsup:

balloon
07-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I had a different model to this one (a slightly cheaper one), it was great, bread was delish but both broke within 12 months :(

Tam's Tribe
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
and remember you can make the most delicious cakes in them as well!!!

patevans
07-03-2010, 03:19 PM

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4229399/Trail/searchtext%3EBREADMAKER.htm - found this one, is it similar????

Do you just put everything in and leave it because these say add ingrediants signal!

ajs
07-03-2010, 04:19 PM
to be honest emma it looked more like the other one

i didn't buy mine i got it off freecycle so i am not sure what code it is but it is ever so easy to use and yes it does have an add ingrediants signal

PixiePetal
07-03-2010, 05:04 PM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4229399/Trail/searchtext%3EBREADMAKER.htm - found this one, is it similar????

Do you just put everything in and leave it because these say add ingrediants signal!

Mine looks like this I think, maybe not a Morphy after all - friend bought it as moving in present as she said she wouldn't visit without fresh bread! Hang on off to look....................:laughing: It's a Cookworks signature :D

adding ingredients is for when you do fancy bread and need to add seeds/nuts/fruit. That's so you know when to add them - it beeps (apparently! I don't do that sort of bread yet so never heard it) I put in basic ingredients and let it get on with it :laughing:

patevans
07-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Mine looks like this I think, maybe not a Morphy after all - friend bought it as moving in present as she said she wouldn't visit without fresh bread! Hang on off to look....................:laughing: It's a Cookworks signature :D

adding ingredients is for when you do fancy bread and need to add seeds/nuts/fruit. That's so you know when to add them - it beeps (apparently! I don't do that sort of bread yet so never heard it) I put in basic ingredients and let it get on with it :laughing:

Cool im off to buy one tomorrow because I always run out of bread! Can you buy the ready mixed ingrediants to just chuck in or do you have to measure it all out individually?

ajs
07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Cool im off to buy one tomorrow because I always run out of bread! Can you buy the ready mixed ingrediants to just chuck in or do you have to measure it all out individually?

both
i alwas have a pack of ready mix in stock in case i run out of an ingrediant but generally prefer to mix my own
i think it defeats the object of making it yourself if you're going to use a packet

PixiePetal
07-03-2010, 05:58 PM
both
i alwas have a pack of ready mix in stock in case i run out of an ingrediant but generally prefer to mix my own
i think it defeats the object of making it yourself if you're going to use a packet

same here. :thumbsup:

Will be making it in the morning to go with soup for lunch.

I do traditional white loaf -

water
marg or butter
salt
dried milk powder
sugar
bread flour
dried yeast

or a whole wheat version

comes with recipe leaflet for different breads :thumbsup:

Enjoy :D

Dragonfly
07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I only use mine to make gluten free bread as Im a coeliac takes ages though.

patevans
18-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Well I brought a breadmaker today :thumbsup:

tried it on the fast setting but it came out too doughy (sp) as my Mum said, have put another one in on the basic setting, fingers crossed this one is better :rolleyes:

jojane
18-03-2010, 06:50 PM
you do have to play around with it a bit to get the right bread you want - i add a bit more yeast than it says as otherwise mine come out very heavy and doughy.

patevans
18-03-2010, 06:59 PM
you do have to play around with it a bit to get the right bread you want - i add a bit more yeast than it says as otherwise mine come out very heavy and doughy.

this is probably what I should have done as the bottom was rock hard and inside was doughy!!

patevans
28-03-2010, 10:32 AM
The middles of the breads I have made still seem quite sticky (not sure if thats the word im looking for) what am I doing wrong? Have tried it with ready made packs and ingrediants from scratch!

sarah707
28-03-2010, 10:54 AM
The middles of the breads I have made still seem quite sticky (not sure if thats the word im looking for) what am I doing wrong? Have tried it with ready made packs and ingrediants from scratch!

The chef says your yeast might be at fault.

If it's active yeast it needs to be dissolved correctly using right water temp (tepid).

Or the bread maker might be faulty and not proving it for long enough.

Hth :D

Avon
28-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Bought one a few years ago and its travelled around with me and it still works just great - although a bit battered! It cost around £35 from Argos!

patevans
28-03-2010, 11:48 AM
its brand new but cant describe the middle, its not sticky but....oh I dont know lol :laughing:

Daftbat
28-03-2010, 01:28 PM
I have been using a breadmaker every day now for 2 years - i started when the price of bread started to go through the roof!!! I wouldn't be without it now and unless its really expensive bread i can't stand shop bought bread now:)

I make a nice Banana & Walnut bread in mine too and have also done pizza bases. Planning on making some jam this summer in mine.

I think you do eat a little more bread to start with but if you use it daily it becomes normal and we find we don't eat any kmore bread than we did before now.