PDA

View Full Version : Help 11 months!!

Jules12Wed
07-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks for all your positive help so far, I am getting there with Spring planning but still struggling on what I can plan for an 11 month old, he has only been with me for 2 weeks and cries constantly, what can I plan for him????

My theme is Spring

caz3007
07-03-2010, 08:58 AM
I am starting with a child the same age in a couple of weeks, so feel for you with the crying. I just dont have any ideas with planning for this age group, so hopefully someone will come along to help us

sarah707
07-03-2010, 09:14 AM
First of all you don't plan like that for under 3s so stop worrying.

As children move towards age 3 they start to need some structure to their days and this is when your group (in this case spring) planning comes in very useful.

Up until this you plan for the child... following on from what the child needs, wants and likes.

So if he is crying all day your plan is how you support him.

Then when he picks up some bricks your plan is how you show him to make towers.

Then when he brums a car your plan is to let him play with the vehicles in the sand so he can watch the tracks he makes.

Keep it simple you are overcomplicating! :D

Jules12Wed
07-03-2010, 09:46 AM
So are you saying in my planning I don't need to put anything down for him at all then.

sarah707
07-03-2010, 10:04 AM
So are you saying in my planning I don't need to put anything down for him at all then.

Yes you need planning for him that follows his needs / interests / likes etc as I have listed above.

You need a sheet for each week which says something like...

xxx's interests - I am playing with the xx / I need to be held a lot / I am interested in watching birds in the garden etc

Planning ideas - I will extend xxx's interest in xx by ... / I am working to extend the time xx sits alone by sitting with him rather than him sitting on my lap / xxx might enjoy...

Comments from xxx's family - Dad says that xxx is playing with his cars at home / mummy says that she uses a sling for xxx when he is teething...

those kinds of things - does that make sense? :D

Jules12Wed
07-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Sarah

Thanks - I don't know how come you make it seem so simple.

I know what your reply is going to be 'it is simple'

Maybe for you but I just can't get my head around it all.

singlewiththree
07-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I find it hard to write down too I have a nearly 2yr old mindee and a nearly 1yr old mindee and I just find I'm writing the same things, about going to toddler group encouraging 1yr old to walk with push toys, encouraging 2yr old to play along others nicely and it just get a bit boring but at the moment they are too young for a theme and its about encouraging them to play.