PDA

View Full Version : Oh how shameful that I have to ask this!!

patevans
06-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I have a salt and pepper mill which have been in the cupboard new and unused for years so thought it was time to use them but what sort of salt and pepper do you put in them :blush:

Is it whole pepper and rock salt?

Monkey1
06-03-2010, 07:01 PM
pepper corns and rock salt hun x

Tatia
06-03-2010, 07:16 PM
What Monkey said. And once you start using them, you'll never want to go back! The difference is amazing.:thumbsup:

patevans
06-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks Ladies, just done my online shop so thought i'd better ask rather than buy the wrong thing :blush:

LOOPYLISA
06-03-2010, 08:23 PM
What Monkey said. And once you start using them, you'll never want to go back! The difference is amazing.:thumbsup:

Have to agree :thumbsup:

patevans
06-03-2010, 08:24 PM

whats different, the tastes?

Heaven Scent
06-03-2010, 08:56 PM
See nothing shameful about it you knew the answer all along!!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

fluffyemma22 - no difference in the taste its just that the mill actually grinds the salt and pepper and you get bigger "bits" for the want of a better word than when you use a shaker and if you don't put rock salt and pepper corns in them then it all falls out and makes a mess everywhere :laughing: I bought a pair filled from Costco years ago and when the salt ran out I re-filled it with salt from an English supermarket and it was too small and went everywhere - it must have been packed in america where they obviously have slightly larger chunks of rock salt :idea: :idea:

sarah707
06-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I use sea salt in mine ... I love the taste I think it's just a little bit more salty :D

ajs
06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
if none of us ever asked the questions we needed answers to then this forum would be a very quiet and boring place

i use maldon salt i like the taste of that and buy a ready filled pepper mill in home bargains cheaper than buying the pepper in a pot