PDA

View Full Version : Note to pets

littletreasures
05-03-2010, 07:24 PM
To be posted VERY LOW on the fridge door – nose height!!

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn’t help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years – canine or feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat’s butt. I cannot stress this enough!!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To all Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here, you don’t!
2. If you don’t want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That’s why they call it “fur”niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it’s an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn’t speak clearly.

Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat Less
2. Don’t ask for money all the time
3. Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don’t hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don’t smoke or drink
8. Don’t have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don’t want to wear your clothes
10. Don’t need a “gazillion” pounds for college.

And finally,

11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

Trouble
05-03-2010, 07:27 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

love it sweetie i am going to print it out for k she will love it too

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:D

cherry
05-03-2010, 07:31 PM
I love it :laughing: :laughing:

flora
05-03-2010, 07:32 PM
OMG You wrote that about my house :eek: :D :eek:

That bit about the bathroom is like my dog Dillon.

He is sooooo insecure he has to be EVERYWHERE with me :blush:

I also like the bit about I like animals more than some humans.

To the people I like now you know how honoured you are :D

hello kitty
05-03-2010, 07:36 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trouble
05-03-2010, 07:39 PM
there must be a bit about pooping you missed off?????:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

balloon
05-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Fantastic! I have a massive grin on my face now! x

littletreasures
05-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I've got to admit I didn't write it.

My friend sent it to me - what with me having 4 cats and 2 dogs she thought it would make me laugh. It did!!!!

The bit about trying to beat me down the stairs is so true of 2 of the cats. I have nearly fallen down the stairs so often as Merlin and Skye race me down thinking they will get their food quicker and putting their paw under the bathroom door is so true, usually the toilet door!!!!!

Trouble
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
tiddles has started walking across my head to tell me she wants out at 6 .30 everymorning she has done it for 3 mornings now:angry:

littletreasures
05-03-2010, 09:13 PM
LOL!!! Beat you. Skye comes in at 3.30 because she gets lonely!!!! She jumps on me and then meows in my ear and claws my hand to get me to stroke her!!!

Trouble
05-03-2010, 09:16 PM
LOL!!! Beat you. Skye comes in at 3.30 because she gets lonely!!!! She jumps on me and then meows in my ear and claws my hand to get me to stroke her!!!

why do they feel the need to do this?:angry:

alfie is being a good boy he has a new holti he does really like but is getting used to and its bliss for us as he doesnt put now:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

WibbleWobble
05-03-2010, 09:17 PM
And finally,

11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

that has made my husband laugh out loud...:laughing:

nell57
05-03-2010, 09:19 PM
:ROFL1: DH wanted to know what I'm laughing at, now he's giggling as well:thumbsup:

huggableshelly
05-03-2010, 10:08 PM
lol very funny

Blaze
05-03-2010, 10:49 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only someone who has cats/dogs could have written that!:clapping:

My personal fav bits, is I fall faster then you can run & the stretching tails etc out to get more bed space (it being sarcastic is how you feel) - genius!:D :thumbsup:

Twinkles
05-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Love it !! :clapping:

It's all so true !

singingcactus
06-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Mwa ha ha! I got fed up of leaning across our furball to see the screen - he thinks it is his place to sleep under my desk - no matter where I put my desk - so I rolled my chair forward without thinking and rolled over his tail. :D oopsy.

ORKSIE
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
"Thats why they call it Fur...niture" I love that bit:laughing: :laughing: