PDA

View Full Version : Linking baking activities to the EYFS

jumpinjen
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I've just sat and thought about all the links to the EYFS we make every time we bake..... take a look if you'd like, and share any others you think I've missed as i'm starting to write spider plans for everyday activties that meet the EYFS for my planning folder!

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/03/making-baking-about-process-not-product.html

jenni x

miffy
05-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Some great links there Jen, thanks

You could add comparing volume/weight - 4oz butter does not look the same as 4oz sugar.

I always enjoy reading your blog :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

hello kitty
05-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Jen that's great. I feel I want to make you my new best friend!! :blush:

jumpinjen
05-03-2010, 06:27 PM
That's a great point miffy.... thankyou!!!

And I have room for many friends so very happy to be yours Kitty!!!!:jump for joy:

jenni x

Jules12Wed
05-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Jen, i've emailed you.

sarah707
05-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Baking is great for covering all 6 areas of learning and development.

It is one of those activities you can fit in anywhere depending on the child's current focus.

It sounds like you had a lovely time! :D

christine e
06-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Just noticed you put 'kix' instead of mix. You could include decorating cakes, biscuits etc in the CD. I include the senses when doing baking looking at the recipe, listening to instructions and listening for the timer, the smell of the cooking, touch the feel of the flour compared to the salt and the tasting well that's the best bit of all!

Love reading your blog!

Keep up the good work

Cx

jumpinjen
06-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Just noticed you put 'kix' instead of mix. You could include decorating cakes, biscuits etc in the CD. I include the senses when doing baking looking at the recipe, listening to instructions and listening for the timer, the smell of the cooking, touch the feel of the flour compared to the salt and the tasting well that's the best bit of all!

Love reading your blog!

Keep up the good work

Cx

Oh how lovely.... senses are so important for these things.... thanks i will add that in! Thanks for your spell checking too, I haven't found that facility on the blog screen yet!!!!!

Jenni:D

sarah707
06-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for your spell checking too, I haven't found that facility on the blog screen yet!!!!!

Jenni:D

I type things up in word for the spell check etc then copy and paste into the blog. :D

jumpinjen
06-03-2010, 08:19 AM
I type things up in word for the spell check etc then copy and paste into the blog. :D

Aha - now you've told me you did that before Sarah.... i see the reason now!!!!

Jenni;)

jumpinjen
06-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Updated and spell checked version now on-line!!!!!

Jen :D

angeldelight
06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Love reading your blog Jen

Looked like great fun

Angel xx

christine e
06-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Fabulous:thumbsup: