PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Pre reg done!! BUT....

clairebear
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Had my pre reg today and Mrs O said i needed to be booked on a first aid course before i recieved my registration, which is fine as i already knew this and have booked on a course for June (this was the earliest i could book for, I booked in January) Anyway she says that i have to have completed it within 10 weeks of her coming to do the pre reg, otherwise my registration will be cancelled before being issued and i will have to re apply!!

Course is end of june which is more than 10 weeks!

I cant get on any other course, she suggested that upon recieving my action letter that i should send my confirmation letter from my first aid course and explain that it is the earliest i can get a course, Do you think this will work, She said she was telling me this 'off the record'

Has anyone else had anything like this? I really dont want to have to cancel my application and start again.

Any advice??

miffy
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I would do as she advises and hopefully Ofsted will accept this.

It doesn't make sense for you to have to start the registration process again, that would mean more work for Ofsted too.

Good luck

Miffy xx

birch24
05-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I couldnt be bothered to wait for my next available first aid course so I booked it privately through St Johns Ambulance. They do a 12 hour paedeatric course. It did cost £100 tho!!

Koula XX

funfunfun
05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Had my pre reg today and Mrs O said i needed to be booked on a first aid course before i recieved my registration, which is fine as i already knew this and have booked on a course for June (this was the earliest i could book for, I booked in January) Anyway she says that i have to have completed it within 10 weeks of her coming to do the pre reg, otherwise my registration will be cancelled before being issued and i will have to re apply!!

Course is end of june which is more than 10 weeks!

I cant get on any other course, she suggested that upon recieving my action letter that i should send my confirmation letter from my first aid course and explain that it is the earliest i can get a course, Do you think this will work, She said she was telling me this 'off the record'

Has anyone else had anything like this? I really dont want to have to cancel my application and start again.

Any advice??

Have you tried other people

where and who is your first aid course booked with ??

if you go on google and type in 1st aid in and the area you live im sure you will find

red crosse etc

you may pay more but if thats what it takes id do it

good luck and keep us updated