PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbook help!

ginevra19
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi all
need some help i do a very basic EYFS folder and would like to start doing a personal scrapbook for each child i look after
Bought the scrapbook but now have no idea as to what to do can anyone help me plse? I want them to look really good and special for each child as the plan is that they will take then home to keep when completly filled

Mrs M
06-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I used to do scrap books for the children in my care, now I just keep everything together in the children's EYFS learning journals. All I used to do was stick photos in of the things the children had done and write next to the photo where we were and what child was doing.

Tink
06-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I use a lever arch file for my learning journals. I tried a scrap book but found it looked very messy, I think it's ok for photos but not observations etc.

I use plastic wallets and it looks more professional and all parent have commented on how nicely presented they are:D

Hebs
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM
i have LJ's for my ey kids, older kids have scrapbooks (my 2 mindees aged 3 also have a scrapbook cos they like to be the same :D )

green puppy
06-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I use really nice scrap books that have a plain coloured cover and different coloured pages inside. I used double sided sticky tape for sticking as it is less messy than glue, 5 rolls for 99p in the works. If you want it as a memory book only ( no eyfs ) I would put a page with photo, name and age, likes, dislikes, favourit things and a page for some family photos. Then just add as you go- photos with captions ( I use white labels to write on as can just be stuck in ), drawings, photos of crafts, things they collect ie leaves, pressed flowers etc.... update " all about me pages " as and when.
Pm me if you want the website for the scrap books as I'm not sure if I can post it.

Hebs
06-03-2010, 07:56 PM
i just use exercise books :thumbsup:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/hebs_1978/SAM_0424-1.jpg

thats my daughters :thumbsup:

ginevra19
07-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Thank you for all help it's much appreciated :laughing:
Today I've been to the local market and bought some scrapbook books for more ideas:thumbsup:
:blush: don't think i'll end up with anything that nice but gonna give them an atempt i think i'm gonna stick with the file i already do for links in the eyfs as this seems to be working for me and then do the scrapbooks for the children to keep as momentos of their time with me.:D

linda2girls
07-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Hebs - that looks lovely, love the graphics.

Linda.

Hebs
07-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Hebs - that looks lovely, love the graphics.

Linda.

simple exercise book from asda (pack of 5 for few quid) and the picture is in office clip art :laughing: :thumbsup: