PDA

View Full Version : poorly daisy dog

cabby
04-03-2010, 10:47 PM
im really worried now!!!

we have a lovely 11 year old dog who has always been a bit of a fussy eater she always eats her dinner after a while but since christmas she really been off her food:( we thought she had just got really fussy, so havent been worried about her, anyway this week shes not really eaten anything so i rang the vets today for some advice, they advised we took her in to get checked out as it sounded like she had dental pain!!

but it turns out all her lymph node are swollen, and the vets now concerned its cancer:panic: :panic: :panic: as her breed is prone to it ( shes a flat coat retriever) shes taken some samples, we now have to wait till monday for the results, fingers crossed it will just be an infection.x

Trouble
04-03-2010, 10:48 PM
fingers crossed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Oh poor Daisy

Hope its good news

Keep us posted

Angel xxx

cabby
05-03-2010, 08:11 AM
thankyou, this weekend is going to feel like a month.x

sarah32
05-03-2010, 08:15 AM
thankyou, this weekend is going to feel like a month.x

I hope the results come back good.:)

I know how you feel, they are like your babies, only hope you have more time, we had 11 years with our family dog Simba and wasnt enough, still miss him everyday.

cabby
05-03-2010, 09:16 AM
I hope the results come back good.:)

I know how you feel, they are like your babies, only hope you have more time, we had 11 years with our family dog Simba and wasnt enough, still miss him everyday.

thankyou.x
thats so true, she really is like our baby, all the lo's and their parents love her to bits, our other dog we had to have put to sleep when she was 17, i honestly think that was one of the hardest things ive ever had to do, and dont know if i could go through it again:panic: x

LOOPYLISA
05-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Hope Daisys results come back ok x x x

polobear1970
05-03-2010, 09:42 AM
oh dear, big hugs to all of you and fingers crossed that all is well

PixiePetal
05-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I hope the news is all good on Monday. It is a horrible time and very worrying as pets are like children to some of us :blush: Don't worry too much till you know for sure, lots of cuddles over the weekend won't go amiss, I am sure - for you and Daisy :)

We had to have 2 of our dogs put to sleep at the vets within 6 months of each other, it was awful but best for them. The look in my Charleys eyes said she had had enough, but didn't make it easy.

We now have an old terrier - 14. Got her as a neglected 7 year old so with a bad start in life, didn't expect her to last this long - they can surprise us. She is a little ropey now and on painkillers daily but enjoys life.
Also just got a little terrier pup - 11 weeks on Saturday :thumbsup: What a joy she is :)

Will be thinking of you, let us know the results x

cabby
09-03-2010, 09:57 AM
still no news yet:( i think i'll leave it till lunch time then ring them:)

Mollymop
09-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Oh no, fingers crossed for Daisy!!!

RainbowMum
09-03-2010, 11:05 AM
What a worry, fingers crossed for you xx

mamasheshe
09-03-2010, 11:18 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

little miss chatterbox
09-03-2010, 11:19 AM
poor daisy - hope she's ok.

Will keep my fingers crossed for her.

Tups
09-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Oh poor Daisy, I hope things will be o k, glad you took her to the vet I really feel for you, my fingers are crossed all go's well for you tups x:thumbsup:

cabby
09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying:

well the vets rang just as i opened the front door to do the school run, and shes 95% sure daisy has lymphoma :panic: :panic: she has to go in thursday morning for a chest xray, stomach scan and to have biopsys done,

im so gutted and feel so stupid because i walked over to school blubbing:blush: hopefully all results from scans, xray, etc will be back by monday so we know how advanced it is and what, if any treatment she can have:( , im just glad shes insured!!!

thanks for all your messages.x

LOOPYLISA
09-03-2010, 04:20 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying:

well the vets rang just as i opened the front door to do the school run, and shes 95% sure daisy has lymphoma :panic: :panic: she has to go in thursday morning for a chest xray, stomach scan and to have biopsys done,

im so gutted and feel so stupid because i walked over to school blubbing:blush: hopefully all results from scans, xray, etc will be back by monday so we know how advanced it is and what, if any treatment she can have:( , im just glad shes insured!!!

Im so sorry x

mama2three
09-03-2010, 04:27 PM
i almost posted before asking if she was insured , then realised how insensitive it sounded - but at least you dont have to worry about costs , just getting daisy better.

little miss chatterbox
09-03-2010, 05:05 PM
awwwww huge hugs to you, the family and of course Daisy. xxxxx

nannymcflea
09-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Hugs to you and family. Sloppy kisses to Daisy. XX

cabby
09-03-2010, 05:38 PM
i almost posted before asking if she was insured , then realised how insensitive it sounded - but at least you dont have to worry about costs , just getting daisy better.

its such a relief we wont have to worry about the money side of it:)
when we had our first dog we didnt bother with insurence, but daisy came with a free month when we brought her so we just carried on paying it, its the best money we spend every month, she would have cost us 1000's over the years otherwise:panic:

Twinkles
09-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I hope the vets are able to help. I know how precious dogs can become to you. (((Huggles ))) for Daisy.

cabby
12-03-2010, 04:43 PM
well she had her scan and x-ray done yesterday and they were clear:clapping: :clapping:

vet said not to raise our hopes to high as we still have to wait for the results from the biopsy which should be monday or tuesday! shes still 95% sure it is cancer, but the fact that it hasnt spread to any of her major organs is a really good sign we've caught it early:clapping: :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
12-03-2010, 04:44 PM
well she had her scan and x-ray done yesterday and they were clear:clapping: :clapping:

vet said not to raise our hopes to high as we still have to wait for the results from the biopsy which should be monday or tuesday! shes still 95% sure it is cancer, but the fact that it hasnt spread to any of her major organs is a really good sign we've caught it early:clapping: :clapping:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

wendywu
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Sort of good news then, be brave :(

I will keep my fingers crossed xx

cabby
12-03-2010, 05:19 PM
thankyou.x

angeldelight
13-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Fingers crossed

Hope you are ok Karen

Angel xx

cabby
29-09-2010, 09:10 AM
firstly im really sorry ive not updated on daisy sooner x

well she started a long course of chemo, she had to go for a dose every week for 3 weeks then have a week off, this has been going on since the end of march, but after the second dose she went into remmission:clapping: which was fantastic and apart from the few times they had to stop treatment for a couple of weeks at a time due to her white blood count being to low she has coped with it quite well, in fact she was almost puppy like again which was lovely to see:clapping: but she started getting a real phobia of the vets and would get so stressed out going in they had to start sedating her to calm her down enough to get the drip in for her chemo ( she would have to stay all day) then it would take a couple of days for her to recover

her treatment finished 2 weeks ago, she was due to go to vets next week for a full M.O.T, but then last night she suddenly took a turn for the worst, she couldnt stand up seemed to have trouble breathing, and just had a vacant look in her eyes, we sat up with her all night just laying with her ( didnt want to ring the vet as she would have got stressed out again and at least at home she was comfortable and calm, anyway she seemed o little better this morning so steve did take her to the vets, shes had to stay in for chest xrays as hes not sure if its just a chest infection, or if the cancer has come back and spread to her internal organs:panic: :panic: we are completly devastated and have decided that if it has returned to let nature take over and let her go peacefully without having to go through anymore treatment, waiting for them to ring now with some news xxx

sorry ive gone on a bit and proberly havent made much sence..lol, just glad i havent got any lo's here today xx

PixiePetal
29-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the update - hope whatever happens your Daisy is not in pain and enjoys life.

Our old terrier is almost 15 now, still on permanent painkillers but the vet has said that her quality of life is good. She has bad teeth but eats well, stiff joints but painkiller helps, cataract and deaf! I think her eye may have tumor behind as it bulges a bit too - another op would finish her. She will let us know when she has had enough I am sure.

Keep us updated. Sending xxhugsxx

LittleAcorns
29-09-2010, 10:16 AM
I'd missed this thread before so was just reading through all, almost didnt want to read to the end....

I hope however things work out Daisy is comfortable, take care xx

louised
29-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Just caught up with this thread, sounds like you've all been through a lot, hope the news is good:) I have a 10 year old dog and I absolutely dread anything happening to him as he is like the 3rd child I never had. Fingers crossed for you and Daisy

LOOPYLISA
29-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Awww hope Daisy will be ok x

cabby
29-09-2010, 12:50 PM
well the vet has just rung and she has somthing called a Pericardial effusion, which basically means fluid around her heart,and its the pressure of the fluid that was stopping her heart working properly which is why she collapsed, they have drained off 1/2 a litre so far and he said she is much happier, they dont think its related to her cancer its just one of thoses things that can happen so fingers crossed she is still in remmission:thumbsup:

they are going to keep her in over night but if she gets even slightly stressed they will ring us to collect her, we have to take her back tomorrow so they can give her a general to do a more in depth scan now the fluid has gone so they can be sure there's no more sinister reason why its happened, but for now im feeling a lot happier, will keep you updated tomorrow:thumbsup:

thanks for all your messages, it means a lot to me xxx

nannymcflea
30-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Any news? Hope Daisy is ok. X

cabby
30-09-2010, 06:09 PM
just got back with her:) but not with good news:(

she has a tumor on her heart:( will need to have a c t scan tomorrow to see if there are anymore tumors anywhere before we decide what to do next...

will keep you updated x

Blaze
30-09-2010, 09:13 PM
So very sorry - please keep us u-pdated as you can. x

louised
30-09-2010, 09:38 PM
So sorry:( Wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but I don't think there is

PixiePetal
30-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Poor Daisy, keep us updated and sending you more xxhugsxx

AliceK
01-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Poor Daisy and poor you. Can't say anything to make you feel better so just going to send you LOADS of hugs. Thinking of you all

xxxxx

ORKSIE
01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Oh dear..Poor Daisy.:(

Thinking of you.

xx

Carol M
01-10-2010, 01:02 PM
So sorry :(
Carol xxxxxx

cabby
05-10-2010, 11:43 AM
just wanted to let you know we had to make the hardest decision of our life this morning and have daisy put to sleep:crying: :crying:

we are both emotional wrecks at the moment, but we know it was the right thing to do:(
i am dreading telling my children, my daughter is on holiday for the next week so we wont tell her till she gets home, but scott will know as soon as he gets in from school:panic: :panic:

thanks for all your kind messages, they have ment a lot to me xxx

LOOPYLISA
05-10-2010, 12:02 PM
just wanted to let you know we had to make the hardest decision of our life this morning and have daisy put to sleep:crying: :crying:

we are both emotional wrecks at the moment, but we know it was the right thing to do:(
i am dreading telling my children, my daughter is on holiday for the next week so we wont tell her till she gets home, but scott will know as soon as he gets in from school:panic: :panic:

Oh bless you , it is for the best, no more suffering for Daisy x

Lots of love to you all x

Twinkles
05-10-2010, 12:05 PM
So sad for you but you did the right thing for Daisy.

Lou
05-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Im so very sorry, lots of love to you and the family.

Daisy is at peace now xxxxxxxxxx

Carol M
05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
You have tried everything possible for Daisy and now it's the right time to let her sleep.
I know how hard it is losing a beloved pet, I lost my horse a few years back, i had her for 26yrs and I still miss her terribly...... tears now !
Much love
Carol xx

PixiePetal
05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Bless her. RIP Daisy x

Bear23
05-10-2010, 01:06 PM
even tho I haven't been posting much lately i've been keeping up with this thread

I'm so sorry that you've had to put her to sleep, no matter if its the right thing to do. It must be awful for you.

My Alfi is only 6 months old and i'm not sure how i would cope if he wasn't around anymore

Sending huge hugs xxxx

nannymcflea
06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Rest in peace Daisy. XX

Hugs to you all.:(

Pipsqueak
06-10-2010, 02:00 PM

I am so sorry to hear this Karen. I have a Daisy-dog too and it fills me up to feel yur pain. I am sure Daisy had a wonderful life with you and she was a terrific family member that you will all remember with love.

Sending you all hugs xxxx

birch24
06-10-2010, 09:26 PM
So sorry I know how awful it is losing a beloved pet. My thoughts are with you. xx
:group hug:

cabby
06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
thanks everyone,

its been a rough couple of days, but getting better, although i know we will NEVER be able to replace her we have decide to get another one straight away, just trying to find one now,
so if anyone knows of any " flatcoat retriever" breeders in the northamptonshire area please let me know.................the house is to quiet without her:crying:

miffy
07-10-2010, 06:47 AM
So sorry to hear about Daisy.

Good luck with finding another puppy.

Can the kennel club point you in the right direction for breeders?

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
07-10-2010, 08:30 AM
So sorry Karen, how awful for you. :(

I agree about getting a puppy:thumbsup: It will be something positive you can all focus on:)

xx

cabby
07-10-2010, 08:57 AM
i have found a breeder in lincon who has a litter but they are only 48hrs old:)
she has a waiting list but said its not first come first served its about sending them to the best homes, shes going to ring me in a couple of days for a chat, hopefully, fingers crossed she will choose us to have one of them:D :D