PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if i've got 1 or not!!

samkeddy
04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Had a mum to see me today we talked about everthing and she said she would like to break her in gently (its a 2yr old, fulltime) so we arranged i'd have her 2 mornings next week to settle her in, but i didnt like to be pushy so we havnt signed anything yet. Not sure what to do from here, want to get excited but its not official :(

Monkey1
04-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Sounds pretty positive though!

sarah707
04-03-2010, 10:05 PM
You mustn't work without paperwork so it will be official soon when mum brings lo round for 1st settling in session!

Just tell her to come 10 minutes or so early.

Good luck! :D

samkeddy
05-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Oh ok, so the paperwork needs to be done before this cant be just like a decision maker for the parent?

caz3007
05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
You need the paperwork, but you have a 2 or 4 week settlling in period usually where either of you can terminate the agreement without notice.

samkeddy
05-03-2010, 09:29 AM
ok Thanks! God i feel so inexperienced!! I didnt like to mention the paperwork and look pushy but she's leaving her 2 mornings next week while she goes to work so wish we'd have got the paperwork over and done with now!!!

Zoomie
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Tell the parent you have to have paperwork in place otherwise you will not be insured.

I sometimes do all my side of paperwork (all info I know), BUT leave out my insurance & registration number and my signature, and then give it to parent to look over, and bring back with them abt 30 mins before they need to leave LO.

That gives you enough time to cross t's and dot i's and sign off contracts (and put in your reg / insurance numbers) before LO is actually left on their own.