PDA

View Full Version : Head Lice Policy

applesmum
15-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi all
I am just finishing my policies in readiness for my first parent visiting on Monday!!!
However can anyone clarify whether you are able to exclude a child who has head lice until they are treated and clear - only that on my local icp it was mentioned that you are not allowed to excclude on this basis. :confused:

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance. xxx

miffy
15-03-2008, 09:41 PM
There was another thread about this recently so have a look around

I would exclude a child with head lice until they had been treated - it is your home and your business so it is up to you

Miffy xx

Banana
15-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Its a personal choice wether you exclude or not..
I do.

They can come back once they are treated and are egg and lice free

x

sarah707
15-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Your business, your rules... but the national Govt policy is no exclusion :(

tinkerbell_85
16-03-2008, 12:13 PM
i thought you weren't allowed to single out a child? if you knew that one of the children had lice you were to let all children's parents know so they can check and treat. not sure if this is correct or not?

Noodles
16-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I would exclude a child if they had head lice. At the end of the day i have to think about my own family and other mindees.

ma7ie
16-03-2008, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't exclude if the parent agreed to treat the child immediately.:D

Tily Bud
16-03-2008, 12:27 PM
i dont exclude, just ask that parents treat as soon as they are detected and keep a constant lookout for them. i have even treated mindees myself if ive found them !

infact ive just spent the last 30 mins nit combing my daughters hair as she asked me to straightenit and when i did - you guessed it i found some of the little blighters :eek: so straight upstairs and in the bath to comb x all gone now i think but will keep combing all week x and check mine tonight :rolleyes:

Blaze
16-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Your business, your rules... but the national Govt policy is no exclusion :(

Agree with Sarah...I exclude though...got fed up with my family catching them...my business, my house, my rules!

Tasha:)

disney
16-03-2008, 03:24 PM
i have already mentioned this before i do have a policy that i may exclude a child if im sure that the parents are not treating the child , how ever if i know that they are trying every thing i would try and work with the parents . this is a diffucult one as you dont know how long you would be excluding them for & they could also come back but you do have the right to think about other children and your family . x

nannan
16-03-2008, 05:18 PM
if I excluded my mindees and my grandchildren becaswe are se of head lice i would be out of business in next to no time

deeb66
17-03-2008, 01:54 PM
As I said in the other thread.

I know that it is not 'Policially correct' to exclude but I do.

Especially if seems that a parent isn't bothered and does nothing about getting rid of the little visitors.

I once looked after a little girl who I sat religiously everyday combing out lice and eggs and come Moday morning it was evident that the parents had done nothing to rectify the situation so I excluded.

I now have it in my sickness policy that unless effectively treated then the child will be excluded!

mjw
17-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Like Dee I have it in my Sickness policy along with threadworms!
I'm scratching already!
Mary