PDA

View Full Version : So angry with DS teacher!!!

mum2two
04-03-2010, 10:47 AM
This may be long, as she has really peed me off this morning!!

She's about 55! Bearing in mind she's a yr R teacher, the kind of tone/friendliness she should be displaying... Plus DS is an Aug baby, so only 4 & half...

DS is quite capable of going into school on his own, but he's a mummy's boy, and all the other mums still go in, so he wants his mummy! If my baby in in the sling then it's fine, but running late today, she was just in the buggy, & I had 2 other under 5's.

Stood outside class, DS wants me to go in. I tell him I can't today, but he's a big boy & needs to go & see Mrs A (Lovely TA), and tell her he got a sticker etc etc...

Mrs C (evil teacher!!) comes out the door, so I day to DS, 'Doors open - love you lots!' Off he goes in the yr R gate. Mrs C says to him 'NO! Not yet!' in a real stern voice, and walks past him. He turns, walks back out the gate crying! Then we start 'Mummy, I don't want to go to school, can I go home...?' Then spend the next few minutes coaxing him into school, by saying lets just go see Mrs A, and tell her about your stickers...

Then have to wedge door open with pram so I can see my baby, trapse in with 2 mindees, and then leave him, by having him prised off my leg, screaming & crying!!! Bearing in mind, 5 minutes previous he was happy to walk into class by himself - until his teacher spoke to him!!

She's only there 2 days a week, but week after week it's something. I'm not the only parent to notice her attitude! She's chosen a career working with children, so she has to remain professional to them. I understand that in a class of 30 kids, she's not going to like all the children, but that's tough - you put up with it & don't show it to the children.

Other parents have seen the way she is with my DS, and this morning was the last straw - after a lot of other instances, so I'm now awaiting a call back from the head!

The only problem I have, is I know the head backs up her staff - lots... I think I'm going to have probs. I know another parent wrote a letter of complaint about this same teacher - and the head photocopied it & passed it to every teacher in the school...

What do the governers do? If I get no-where with the head, is it worth speaking to a governer (one of my mindees parents is a goverener) Not really sure what they do - or is it worth threatening another body, to get somewhere...? This is my sons happiness, and I'm not having some snotty old bag make is first school year miserable any more!!!

Thanks if you made it this far... :blush:

xx

Tink
04-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Some teachers just do not like certain children, plain and simple.

I look after a boy 6yrs old after school and I haven't had a day yet where she doesn't come over to tell me what he has done that day.

After speaking to the child he says even if he hasn't done something he gets the blame. He got bit the other day by another boy and the teacher turned around and said "well what did you do first?" not are you ok or anything.

I really don't like her so like your situation, go as far as you can, there's no way some stupid woman should make your son feel like this going to school.

It's meant to be the best years of their lives not their worst.

Hope you get it sorted xxx

Hebs
04-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Tell the school you'll notify ofsted esp as the child is still within ey age range, its usually enough to get them to take you seriously

mamasheshe
04-03-2010, 11:53 AM
oh no how horrible not good maybe you should refer her to the school rules ours have "we use kind voices"xxxxxxxxxxx

mum2two
04-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, she called me back. She's out this afternoon & tom morning, so she's passing it on to the foundation stage manager to have a team meeting & get back to me. She said I might have to go in and have a meeting with fs manager.

We'll see how Mrs C is tomorrow with him...

xx

helencart
04-03-2010, 12:02 PM
This may be long, as she has really peed me off this morning!!

She's about 55! Bearing in mind she's a yr R teacher, the kind of tone/friendliness she should be displaying... Plus DS is an Aug baby, so only 4 & half...

DS is quite capable of going into school on his own, but he's a mummy's boy, and all the other mums still go in, so he wants his mummy! If my baby in in the sling then it's fine, but running late today, she was just in the buggy, & I had 2 other under 5's.

Stood outside class, DS wants me to go in. I tell him I can't today, but he's a big boy & needs to go & see Mrs A (Lovely TA), and tell her he got a sticker etc etc...

Mrs C (evil teacher!!) comes out the door, so I day to DS, 'Doors open - love you lots!' Off he goes in the yr R gate. Mrs C says to him 'NO! Not yet!' in a real stern voice, and walks past him. He turns, walks back out the gate crying! Then we start 'Mummy, I don't want to go to school, can I go home...?' Then spend the next few minutes coaxing him into school, by saying lets just go see Mrs A, and tell her about your stickers...

Then have to wedge door open with pram so I can see my baby, trapse in with 2 mindees, and then leave him, by having him prised off my leg, screaming & crying!!! Bearing in mind, 5 minutes previous he was happy to walk into class by himself - until his teacher spoke to him!!

She's only there 2 days a week, but week after week it's something. I'm not the only parent to notice her attitude! She's chosen a career working with children, so she has to remain professional to them. I understand that in a class of 30 kids, she's not going to like all the children, but that's tough - you put up with it & don't show it to the children.

Other parents have seen the way she is with my DS, and this morning was the last straw - after a lot of other instances, so I'm now awaiting a call back from the head!

The only problem I have, is I know the head backs up her staff - lots... I think I'm going to have probs. I know another parent wrote a letter of complaint about this same teacher - and the head photocopied it & passed it to every teacher in the school...

What do the governers do? If I get no-where with the head, is it worth speaking to a governer (one of my mindees parents is a goverener) Not really sure what they do - or is it worth threatening another body, to get somewhere...? This is my sons happiness, and I'm not having some snotty old bag make is first school year miserable any more!!!

Thanks if you made it this far... :blush:

xx

i am a school govenor at our local school who has a head very similar to yours...although she wouldn't have photocopied that letter/ she would stick up for her staff, but might have had a little word in the teachers ear!! As govenor i would maybe suggest going to the head govenor as us others don't really have a stand. The head gov does....Maybe go to the deputy!!!

Hebs
04-03-2010, 12:03 PM
If she is nasty again id say something there and then!

How dare she esp infront of parents, makes you wonder how bad she is class!

wendywu
04-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Throw in the word bullying and victimisation.:angry:

Ask to see their bullying policy and their inclusion policy, and put the complaint in writing.

But this morning you should have said in a very clear, loud and strong voice for all to hear. " Please do not address my son with that tone of voice as i will not accept it from you":censored:

WibbleWobble
04-03-2010, 12:07 PM
i am a parent governor...if you feel you cannnot speak to the head then the parent governor will be a good bet. they represent you and should listen and speak on your behalf.

Is this woman part time?

I have had big problems with my kids when they were younger with job share teachers....was always a bad cop good cop situation. also i have come across this as a parental advocate.

i think some teachers shouldnt be teaching...some have no empathy at all. Its the same with nurses...the govt says all nurses should have a degree and all teachers should have at least a 2nd class degree....being academic is not evidence of niceness or care!

ooohhh...got me started now!:angry:

Nicky
04-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I had a problem with my daughter and her year 6 teacher to the point that from always loving school she really didnt want to go, and would cry every morning.

I was totally fed up with what was going on so I rang the school and demanded a meeting with the headmaster, hubby and I went along and I let the meeting start, all this waffle came out and excuses as to why what was going was!!!! I then let it be known I was an Ofsted Registered Childminder.......guess what........things were sorted out, the teacher was called in and I got an apology!!!!!!

Thankfully from that day everything has been ok and DD loves going to school again!

Sometimes it pays to let them know you are aware of Ofsted!

Pipsqueak
04-03-2010, 04:19 PM
The way i went about it when a teacher was constantly harrassing, belittling and degrading my son as well as blaming him for everything......

got hold of the schools policies - especially in your case I would think the pastoral care - schools seem to forget that they are acting in lieu of the parents when we hand responsibility over to them at 9am and they have a duty of care not just education

next swot up on ECM and EYFS and start marking out places where they are failing - ie what this teacher is doing

the teachers behaviour towards your son is unacceptable and at this tender age they should be fostering a love of school not a fear of school and the system. what they are planting in him is problems for later in the school years. it makes me so angry that people in responsible positions like this feel that they can behave so - they are not god (teachers and doctors!!!!:rolleyes: )

be armed (and dangerous) with information. have a clear idea of what you want and don't be afraid to express it. every little incident that happens - tell.

write everything down you want to say and don't be afraid to take notes.

yes go to the head governor if you get no joy from the head

MissTinkerbell
04-03-2010, 07:01 PM
The way i went about it when a teacher was constantly harrassing, belittling and degrading my son as well as blaming him for everything......

got hold of the schools policies - especially in your case I would think the pastoral care - schools seem to forget that they are acting in lieu of the parents when we hand responsibility over to them at 9am and they have a duty of care not just education

next swot up on ECM and EYFS and start marking out places where they are failing - ie what this teacher is doing

the teachers behaviour towards your son is unacceptable and at this tender age they should be fostering a love of school not a fear of school and the system. what they are planting in him is problems for later in the school years. it makes me so angry that people in responsible positions like this feel that they can behave so - they are not god (teachers and doctors!!!!:rolleyes: )

be armed (and dangerous) with information. have a clear idea of what you want and don't be afraid to express it. every little incident that happens - tell.

write everything down you want to say and don't be afraid to take notes.

yes go to the head governor if you get no joy from the head

As an ex-reception teacher myself I agree with everything that has been said and this teacher SHOULD NOT be allowed to get away with talking to your DS like that - do exaxctly as Pipsqueak has said.

If you don't get anywhere with the head - the chair of Governors is your next step and then if nothing gets done the next step is the LEA and Ofsted. For the LEA to take you seriously you need to have done the head and chair of governors first otherwise they will just tell you to do this first.

She should be fostering your little boys love of school not switiching him off.

I've done 2 lots of job shares in reception and it is hard on the children - it can work and did so in my 2nd one - incidently the teacher is now my DD1s godmother - because we were both the same sort of teachers but that aside - the fact that she job shares is no excuse.

Good luck and I hope that you get it sorted. xx

mum2two
04-03-2010, 07:07 PM
The head was really nice on the phone. She knows I am a childminder, so would be fully aware I know all about EYFS etc, which I think did help the fact she wants to help me.

I said to her he seems as though the teacher doesn't like my son. I said I'm fine with that, there are 30 kids in the class, and it's only natural the teacher doesn't like all of them, but because of her job, and part of her professional status is not to show this towards the children, and treat them all the same.

She said, they are only 4, and no-one should be disliking them, and anyone who does is not welcome in the school!! (Not really sure why this teacher's there then... :rolleyes: )

I'm not one to be fobbed off, and will stand my ground - especially when it's my children we're talking about!

I do think I am quite clued up on ECM, and EYFS, so could argue a very good case, and know what I am talking about. In a way, I do hope I get a meeting with the FS manager...

Will let you know what happens tomorrow...

xx

~Chelle~
04-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Good luck for tomorrow x