PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear oh dear.....un-wanted attention!

SimplyLucy
04-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Well this will make you all laugh!

About 4 years ago, when I was single, I used to make a weekly visit to our local pub with my mates. On these visits it was know that I could drink rather a lot, I was going though a rough patch.

On one of the visits the bar man was particually chatty, I didn't really know him well, but we were all having a giggle. I popped off to the loo (like you do) and as I came out of the loos the bar man was there, he grabbed my arm and kissed me (it was rather nice I have to admit).

Now thats all that happened, I never saw him in the pub again.

Whizz forward about 8 months, and my DS2 starts pre-school, his first morning there and who should I see with his son.....yes, the bar man!

Now I realise he's married, so we nod at each other and thats that. Over the last few years we've continued with the nod and the odd hello. All is well.

Before Christmas he added me on Facebook, he was new to it, so I added him and that was that.

He's now started to come to toddlers with his younger son, and over the last 2 weeks we've chatted (like you do), nothing strange about that.

Well I've now started getting texts off him, :panic: :blush: , I think he must have got my number from my advert at pre-school.

He's told me he's single now and wants to finish off what he started 4 years ago!

:rolleyes: :laughing: I was with my mate when he text and seriously thought, she was gonna wet herself, it was so funny. We put him straight, I've just set a date for my wedding and I'm madly in love with my DP.

The texts have been going on for a week now, he knows he's not going to get anywhere but has told me he's enjoying trying! :o

I seriously hope he looses interest soon, he was stood where I stand in the playground at school this morning, walked behind me all the way to pre-school, text me whilst stood outside of pre-school to tell me I looked sexy......as if, in yesterdays jeans, baggy GAP fleece, hair all over the shop (it's windy today), no make-up and a 3 yr old mindee swinging from my arm!

It actually made me smile, until the sudden realisation that this might be getting a little freaky!

I'll keep you all updated........

mamasheshe
04-03-2010, 10:08 AM
he he :laughing: :laughing: does your OH know or this could look really bad to him even if it's not IYKWIM!!

Tina O
04-03-2010, 10:10 AM
I would get my OH to reply to the texts!

SimplyLucy
04-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I told my other half last night.....he feels sorry for the bloke, said he's probably lonely and to just ignore him! :rolleyes:

It's all a laugh really, and I'm sure Mr Barman will soon find someone else to pester, he's just trying it on because he's newly single!

mamasheshe
04-03-2010, 10:14 AM
you must just be a really good kisser :blush: :blush:

SimplyLucy
04-03-2010, 10:14 AM
I always had a funny feeling my drunken antics would come back to haunt me....if this is the only haunt I have from those days then I'm lauging!:jump for joy:

SimplyLucy
04-03-2010, 10:15 AM
you must just be a really good kisser :blush: :blush:

I must be, got told so in a text the other day! :eek:

mamasheshe
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mouse
I think I'd find it funny & flattering to start with, but would want him to stop now. What does you DP think of it?

I had an awkward situation a few years ago. I knew my friend's husband had always liked me, but I just laughed it off and we all made a bit of a joke of it. Even DH laughed about it and it was all very much out in the open.

Then my friend left her husband & cut off contact with me (well, with all her friends). She left the children with her husband & he would sometimes ask me to childmind them in holidays etc. One night he phoned to ask if I'd have them, then was on the phone for an hour & a half! After that he phoned regularly for a chat. DH wasn't very happy about it by then & I felt really awkward. I didn't want to be rude to him, but I didn't want to give him the wrong idea either.
In the end DH had to tell him to back off. Not long after he got a new girlfriend, so I was pleased for him & relieved for me!

~Chelle~
04-03-2010, 10:27 AM
It sounds like the guy isnt taking the hint, he knows you are not interested and knows you are getting married but is still persistent!

Hope he gets the hint soon x

RedDragon
04-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I suppose because he is attractive you are not shunning him (I have an 84 year old stalker who leaves me gifts on the doorstep like a lovesick Tomcat). Plus, in this profession we tend to be chatty and friendly.

If you have told your partner and he is comfortable with the situation and knows that nothing is going to happen other than a bit of healthy flirting then I would just enjoy it - I'm sure it puts a spring in both your steps - and just don't encourage him.:jump for joy:

dobby
04-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Perhaps he needs to see you out with DP to get the message? can he walk to preschool with you once in a while? put an affectionate but not ott arm around yours just so the other guy gets the message?

angeldelight
04-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Perhaps he needs to see you out with DP to get the message? can he walk to preschool with you once in a while? put an affectionate but not ott arm around yours just so the other guy gets the message?

Good idea

Angel xx

caz3007
04-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Oh dear, its nice and flattering in the beginning and then gets a bit tedious.

I had a similar problem, but he kept phoning my mobile, in the end my DP answered and requested he didnt ring again, he did stop then.

The Juggler
04-03-2010, 12:23 PM
there must be something in the air what with you and someone the other day with one of the mindees Dad's puckering up! Hey, maybe childminding is going to be the next big thing in glamorous, sexy careers!:laughing:

seriously though I would ask him firmly to please stop texting now, as DP is upset. Once he knows you've told DP he might back off. Or persaude DP to come to the school with you one day?

LOOPYLISA
04-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Woo you ;) :D

Rubybubbles
04-03-2010, 12:40 PM
could be worst, he may of needed you as his childminder:laughing:

joking aside, it is a bit creepy

kindredspirits
05-03-2010, 08:35 AM
i'd simply stop replying to the texts - there is a point where it goes too far and if you are acting flattered by it all then he's getting the kick he is after - if you ignore it or tell him flatly to stop or you'll have him for harassment then with any luck he'll disappear into the ether.

Tatia
05-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I can understand the appeal (trust me, been through something very similar recently) but at this point, I'd either tell him to stop or else block him. Thing is, some men do not understand boundaries and will see you as encouraging him because you accept his texts and comments. Plus, for his sake, it's better to shut him down completely or else he won't move on.

It's a heavy load to bear, being a sex symbol! :laughing:

SimplyLucy
05-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Well it's been 24 hours since the last text! The last one was yesterdays one telling me I looked sexy on the school/pre-school run.

He was stood near the "childminders bench" (thats where we all stand in the playground) this morning so I confidently walked over and chatted to my mate loudly about what a wonderful weekend myself and DP have planned. :D

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 09:22 AM

Now thats what I call being big headed Tatia ha ha

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

SimplyLucy
05-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Well it's been 24 hours since the last text! The last one was yesterdays one telling me I looked sexy on the school/pre-school run.

He was stood near the "childminders bench" (thats where we all stand in the playground) this morning so I confidently walked over and chatted to my mate loudly about what a wonderful weekend myself and DP have planned. :D

Bother.....4 minutes after posting and a text arrives!

"I'm in the pub tonight, will you be out?"

I'm not replying, however I am out tonight with a mate, will have to spy through the pub windows before we go in!

** I didn't mention tonights pub visit this morning to my friend because I didn't want him to know I was going out. :rolleyes:

SimplyLucy
05-03-2010, 09:28 AM

Thats the thing you see....if any of you have seen me, I'm far from being a sex symbol, a few million miles away in fact!