PDA

View Full Version : SEF when how what why ??

mamasheshe
04-03-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm only just registered start work on Friday.
will i get a visit usually in the first 6 months?
also got a SEF from ofsted is it worth looking at it/filling it in now??

mama2three
04-03-2010, 11:25 AM
hi mama - im 'mid-sef' and if you have just started i would leave it for a couple of months at least. A lot of it relates to how you have reflected and improved your practice based on childs interests / working with parents other settings etc.
I would certainly have a read through the guidance - it makes it clearer what you should be doing - then you can maybe startr and jot some notes on things you do in each section as you go.
My ofsted insppection next week is about 5 1/2 months after registration , i started my sef last week ( whoops!) so dont leave it til the last minute like i did but i dont think you should worry about it for about 4 months and just enjoy childminding and finding your feet. hth x( another mama)

HappyH
04-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi
I found the SEF really daunting, I filled it in online a little at a time over about a month, the on line SEF Help was actually a great help (for a change). My first graded inspection was last week and she had a copy with her, the inspection only lasted about 1 and a half hours, she was able to observe more & ask fewer questions. Would definitely recommend filling it in after 2/3 months then you can concentrate on other stuff for the inspection.
Helen.x