PDA

View Full Version : Cars

deb24
15-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm sure this has probably been asked b4. I was just wondering if most of you have Zafira's, and if so do you have to fill it up with oil every so many miles?
Do you have much room in the boot with all the seats up to get buggy in?
My mate has this car and said she has to fill it up with oil after 500 miles I think it is. She said had she have known this she would never have bought this car.
I currently have a mervia and just wondered if a Galaxy or something else would be better than a Zafira.
What car's are best to get that won't cost an arm and a leg to run.

Noodles
15-03-2008, 06:59 PM
I had a zafira before i got my citroen c8 and i must say i thought the boot was too small with all of the seats up. I struggled to get my pushchairs in it. The c8 has a nice sized boot but its the wrong time to ask me as i would not reccomend them to my worst enemy :angry: :angry:

karenjoy
15-03-2008, 07:46 PM
We only have a nissain primera :D

tinkerbell_85
15-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Sorry, can't help. I have an astra estate. its fantastic.

miffy
15-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Sorry I can't help either

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
15-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I have a Zafira and do love my car although would prefer a bigger newer one.

The boot isn't big when all the seats are up and it is difficult to get double buggy in.

As for the oil, I never do that, leave it to hubby so I can't answer . I'm sure he doesn't top it up that much though

Carol xx

sarah707
15-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I have a toyota lucida/estima import... ok on oil, doubles in value every time I fill the tank! :laughing:

Trouble
15-03-2008, 10:59 PM
i had a 54 reg zafera we had to constantly keep monitoring the oil

2 days before my holiday it broke down 800.00 to fix it

then we took it on a test run and it broke down again so we fixed it and flogged it it cost us 1400.00 and it was 2 years old.

my friend has one and hers has just cost her 1000.00

if someone gave me a brand new one i would take it but sell it instantly

Twinkles
15-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I have a Zafira, the boot is too small ( I had to shop around for a double buggy to fit in it ) there's an annoying blind spot , the seats are a pain to keep juggling about to get to the back seats and more to the point ( my dog says ) there's no room for dogs when you have all the seats up.

I need a bus :D

Trouble
15-03-2008, 11:10 PM
i agree twinkles

i have a touran the boot is a little small but their is a sharan and i think the boot is a little bigger not much thou

hello kitty
16-03-2008, 10:33 AM
I've got a Chrysler Grand Voyager and it's great with an enormous boot - I keep my single and double buggy in it and there's still room for my weekly shop. Highly recommended.

Sarah :)

Tily Bud
16-03-2008, 10:58 AM
ive got a nissan terrano lwb x good but its not got much boot x does fit my phil & ted buggy in though - but ive just decided to sell the buggy as never use it any more x

ma7ie
16-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I've only got a Ford Fiesta at the moment :(

I really want a Renault Grand Scenic.:D

berkschick
16-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I've got a Chrysler Grand Voyager and it's great with an enormous boot - I keep my single and double buggy in it and there's still room for my weekly shop. Highly recommended.

Sarah :)

Thats what I have too. Lovely car, will never drive anything else again :D

The boot is a very good size, I can get my triple in the boot and if I really wanted could also fit the single and double in too.

When we go on holiday, we can fit all 6 of us in with travel cot, buggy and 2 suitcases without any bother.

Its heavy going on the petrol though but then it does have a big engine.

casey's mum
16-03-2008, 05:09 PM
I have a Seat Alhambra. Is fine size wise apart from the boot being a little on the small side! It is automatic which is hideous! Will never buy an automatic again!

Angela xx

fionamal
16-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I have the 54 plate Zafira and never need to top the oil up. Get serviced every 20,000 miles and thats it. I love mine, great boot when its just being used with the middle seats and still okay when the very back ones are up as well as I can still get my double buggy in.

Rubybubbles
16-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I've only got a Ford Fiesta at the moment :(

I really want a Renault Grand Scenic.:D

this is what I've got I love it! Not loads of room when all seats up, but I can fit my phil and teds in easy! and loads of room in front of kids for any bags ect

Wiggly
16-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I have a Zafira - an 04 plate as got it cheap as my Mum has mobility probs and gets her car through disabled route and we bought it when her 3 years were up.

Saying that - I personally don't think it is the best car for childminding. It is a faff for getting kids in the very back - especially if they have to go through the back doors and you have to pull the middle row seats forward and you have a kids seat that is secured by seatbelt. Have to undo it, pull seat forward then re-do it up again - so time consuming.

Boot space I feel is very limited with all seats up.

Have never had a problem with oil though.
Good luck in making your choice

Wiggly
x

crazybones
16-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I have a Zafira - an 04 plate as got it cheap as my Mum has mobility probs and gets her car through disabled route and we bought it when her 3 years were up.

Saying that - I personally don't think it is the best car for childminding. It is a faff for getting kids in the very back - especially if they have to go through the back doors and you have to pull the middle row seats forward and you have a kids seat that is secured by seatbelt. Have to undo it, pull seat forward then re-do it up again - so time consuming.

Boot space I feel is very limited with all seats up.

Have never had a problem with oil though.
Good luck in making your choice

Wiggly
x

I have to agree - we have a Zafira X reg pain in the bum getting to back seats if you have baby seat, and ours only has a lap belt for middle seat so I dont use it. I dont think I would get another one.

Michelle M
16-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I have a Galaxy and love it, I can fit car seats on all the seats easily,and another childminder I know has a Zafira and says its too small. The boot is small and she has had to buy another double buggy as she cant get hers in, and then she has to put one seat down in the back, also the seats are small, so when we go out with the kids she comes in my Galaxy. She is looking at the Pegeuot 806 now instead.

Michelle x

cuddlybunny38
16-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I am not minding yet, but have a corsa, although have access to a galaxy if I want to do days out insured for both:clapping: