PDA

View Full Version : How do you make yours?????

patevans
03-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Cheese and potatoe pie :laughing:

I have heard of so many different ways of making it and different things people put in it so as the title says how do you make yours????

It's a small world
03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Have a recipe for chees. And potato whirls same principle- off the top of my head boil potatoes when soft gently fry onions in a pan add cheese ,egg and potatoes mix together then place mixture in dish and cover with pastry . For whirls roll pastry (puff pastry)out and place mixture in then roll pastry to make a Swiss roll then slice and place in oven. Think the recipe is in the recipe section on this forum. Yummy !!!!!

sandy64
03-03-2010, 06:36 PM
yummy yum cant wait to see recipe i love cheesy pie:)

jumpinjen
03-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Crikey... do people actually make it??

I used to serve it up at the hospital as a student nurse and it always smelled so awful I thought it was only for hospitals to make people get better quicker so they didn't have to eat it!"!!!!!

Please give out any recipes... maybe it is time to try it!!

jenni:)

little miss chatterbox
03-03-2010, 07:31 PM
this is how I do mine - love it!!!!

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8634/mam-s-special-cheese-and-potato-pie.aspx

mamasheshe
03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
i slice potatoes and onions and layer them in a dish and pour cheese sauce in and bake in oven for an hour or so probably not what you mean but it is yummy:D :D

susi513
05-03-2010, 07:59 AM
I slice potatoes thinly and layer in a casserole dish with mixed herbs & grated cheese & some pepper. Cover in loads of milk and some butter and stick in the oven. Takes AGES to cook but dd loves it.

try google for homity pie recipes

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Crikey... do people actually make it??

I used to serve it up at the hospital as a student nurse and it always smelled so awful I thought it was only for hospitals to make people get better quicker so they didn't have to eat it!"!!!!!

Please give out any recipes... maybe it is time to try it!!

jenni:)

Yuk

I love it but recently I had some when I was in hospital and it was just soooooo awful and the smell - it really put me off so I know just what you mean

We make it though and its lovely

Angel xx